any psychology experts Watch

This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i know im starting late but which title do u think wud be best for a2 psychology coursework

is 1 gender stereotyped as being more intelligent than another
or
does gender stereotype occur in one gender more than the other.

i cant decide because the first 1 will have no conditions(or will it) but the second 1 is complicated and hard to experiment on.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
i know im starting late but which title do u think wud be best for a2 psychology coursework

or

i cant decide because the first 1 will have no conditions(or will it) but the second 1 is complicated and hard to experiment on.
It doesn't make much difference - just ensure that there are lots of errors so that you have something to write about in the post-experiment evaluations.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by emmz)

or

this would be better put in the academic section. I don't know, your coursework sounds quite confusing :confused: i like the second title - it can't be that complicated surely, you only require two conditions.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr White)
It doesn't make much difference - just ensure that there are lots of errors so that you have something to write about in the post-experiment evaluations.
thanx but i need to write about which experimental design im going to use eg independant subjects but its kinda difficult coz im doin the first one which as no conditions.
if ya no wot i mean
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
thanx but i need to write about which experimental design im going to use eg independant subjects but its kinda difficult coz im doin the first one which as no conditions.
if ya no wot i mean
Do an independents group design, you'd have no order effects - may i ask how can you your experiment have no conditions?
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Do an independents group design, you'd have no order effects - may i ask how can you your experiment have no conditions?
well im going to write descriptions of jobs on paper (some being more intelligent than others) and write names both male and female on the other side. then ask ppl to match the names up to the jobs. to see if ppl pick male names for the most intelligent jobs and therefore stereotype.
there are no conditions coz there are not 2 sperate groups of ppl. there are males and females but this is just to make the experiment fair.
does any1 know wot im talkin about lol

Last edited by emmz on 26-01-2004 at 05:28 PM.
caz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by emmz)

or

i heard women are always in fear of having lost their penis and men are in fear of losing it

so i'd assume stereotype occurs in men more than women as women have a built-in sense of inferiority
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed