The Student Room Group

Films loved by everyone else but you.

I think my two films are probably lord of the rings, they are not bad but after 3 hours they do start to get boring why do people think they are great films.

Also Pulp Fiction I thought was I bit weird there seems to be too many loose ends, what was in the briefcase and why did he chuck that guy of the balcony, I only watched it the once I imagine it might make a bit more sense after seeing it a couple more times.

Scroll to see replies

Star Trek First Contact

Loved by everybody else, except me. It's too dark, too glorified and badly acted. Everyone else loves it though. :mad:
Reply 2
fred0202
I think my two films are probably lord of the rings, they are not bad but after 3 hours they do start to get boring why do people think they are great films.

you're not alone there. I find them incredibly boring. In fact I slept through both, despite having great seats in the Leicester Sq odeon!!

But I do love the harry potter films :smile:
Reply 3
fred0202

Also Pulp Fiction I thought was I bit weird there seems to be too many loose ends, what was in the briefcase and why did he chuck that guy of the balcony, I only watched it the once I imagine it might make a bit more sense after seeing it a couple more times.

the stuff in the briefcase was for the boss, i can't remember off hand wat was in it.... and that balcony stuff is just gossip imo, you realise that later when Travolta is talking to Uma Thurman about it. but it was a great film because it was just a whole lot of episodes in a disjointed order, but they all made sense, and fit in.
Reply 4
fred0202

His soul was in the briefcase - that was what the guys in the apartment at the beginning had retrieved for him, but they tried to blackmail him into giving them money in exchange for it.

I film that I absolutely hated was Vanilla Sky (I saw it at the cinema). The person I went with raved about how amazing it was but I thought that it was shit. Still, I didn't say that.
I have made a promise never to watch Star Wars
Mr White
I film that I absolutely hated was Vanilla Sky (I saw it at the cinema). The person I went with raved about how amazing it was but I thought that it was shit. Still, I didn't say that.

The original in Spanish was wicked
Mr White
His soul was in the briefcase - that was what the guys in the apartment at the beginning had retrieved for him, but they tried to blackmail him into giving them money in exchange for it.

A
Reply 8
Danithestudent

They are quite good films but the dialogue isn't the best though.
Reply 9
Harry Potter are pretty awful.

This one may cause some outrage, but I don't like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It is too flashy and full of wirewalking special effects, not enough proper fighting in it. Proper martial arts films are better.

A.I is the worst film i've ever watched. haven't seen any Star Wars, so i don't know why everyone is so fussed about it
Reply 10
the godfather seems to be loved by many, i haven't seen though
Reply 11
I watched the first lords of the rings in the cinema, it was honestly the worst 4 hours of my life. I thought I wish I was doing an neclear physics exam right now because at least I would be able to see out of the bloody window!
The harry potter films, i love the books i just can't stand the fillms - terrible, terrible acting.
Reply 13
onearmedscissor
A

Jesus Christ. Get out more, you loser.
Danithestudent

4Ed
haven't seen any Star Wars, so i don't know why everyone is so fussed about it

:eek:
Reply 15
Mr White

Tom Cruise stopped making good films in the 90's, his 80's films are amazing.

On a seperate note, i'd never watch LOTR
Mr White
Jesus Christ. Get out more, you loser.

Only when you begin to do things correctly.
Reply 17
all the star wars
Reply 18
4Ed
Harry Potter are pretty awful.

This one may cause some outrage, but I don't like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It is too flashy and full of wirewalking special effects, not enough proper fighting in it. Proper martial arts films are better.

A.I is the worst film i've ever watched. haven't seen any Star Wars, so i don't know why everyone is so fussed about it

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, put it this way I was an 11/12 year old girl dragged into watch it by my older bro... consequently was one of the worst couple of hours of my life, ok i exaggerate but you get the picture... It's the worst film EVER! (that I can remember)
Reply 19
Mr White

urghh, that film is just ridiculous.

i also thought minority report was really boring...

lou xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending