Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm currently choosing my GCSEs and I've pretty much decided on so far:

Maths
English x2
Triple Sciences
French
German
Geography

But I have to choose one more subject and I don't know whether I should choose RS or History? I am equally good at both, maybe slightly better at RS, than History, so I don't know what to take? I enjoy RS alot more and find History slightly boring, but I want to get the best grade I possibly can and keep the doors open for me in later life ie. A-Level etc. Which one looks better on your CV?

Thanks
sammy3000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
rs is easier
xxKiaraxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
RS is easier but History is more interesting
WizardOfOz#1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tough one!

I'd say I find history more interesting than RS, but then again its subjective to opinion... RS is also an easy A*
WizardOfOz#1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tough one!

I'd say I find history more interesting than RS, but then again its subjective to opinion... RS is also an easy A*
iwilmakeabook
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i have the same problem matey
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
RS is option where you can walk in and walk out with a 7 with no revision, provided your not a dumbass and score above a grade 5 on most tests. Almost everyone says RS is an easy A*- because it is

History in the interesting one where you cannot do this, where you must revise lot's of content which can be stressful for some. It's also a bit more useful and looks better on your CV then RS; but again, this is GCSE and employers really couldn't give a **** if you did GCSE History.

Your call. Depends on how organised you are. Personally I would pick RS because A* and dossing about is better than a 6 learning about things which you don't care about/forced to learn
keeeks
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rs is mandatory at our school for some reason? but we only do half of the course. it is so so so easy to get an A* so id say go for it.

You’ll feel so much better knowing the stress of revision for at least one subject is relieved because there isn’t much to the exam. I’m doing history and the coursework is kind of hard, i don’t find it challenging but there’s a lot you need to do.

However, doing history has definitely helped with my english skills as the whole analysis and essay part of it is almost identical to what we have to do in english, and as you’re doing English x2, it’ll defo aid in you getting a better qualification.

Also ^ they’re right. Dossing about is better than learning things you couldn’t give a **** about, and you get to chose whether you want to revise for other things that may be coming up during your school year, that’s what i do.
username3741972
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
RS is 10x more interesting than history GCSE and its far more easier.
username3741972
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Omg this thread is 7 years old
smarples3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jheinexx)
Omg this thread is 7 years old
Omg i know, why are u on here?
smarples3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smarples3)
Omg i know, why are u on here?
Wanna meet up im free tomorrow if u want. Can provide booze
PuffleNugget
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by merlynct)
I'm currently choosing my GCSEs and I've pretty much decided on so far:

Maths
English x2
Triple Sciences
French
German
Geography

But I have to choose one more subject and I don't know whether I should choose RS or History? I am equally good at both, maybe slightly better at RS, than History, so I don't know what to take? I enjoy RS alot more and find History slightly boring, but I want to get the best grade I possibly can and keep the doors open for me in later life ie. A-Level etc. Which one looks better on your CV?

Thanks
I did both at GCSE and RS seems a lot better nowadays. If you're thinking of taking RS (Philosophy, Theology and Ethics at A Level) then I'd say it's a pretty good idea to do RS!
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did both and I agree RS is easier but History is far more interesting. Obviously depends on what you would enjoy more, but I think History would be a better option. In terms of what looks better on a CV, well it doesn't matter they are only GCSEs, no one is going to decline from a job or a University place because you took RS over History you just need the grades. However if I had to chose between the two History would probably be more respectable. But they are only GCSEs, the choice only matters if you decide to either one at A Level.

OH FOR **** SAKES CAN WE PLEASE STOP BRINGING UP 5 YEAR OLD THREADS, I FEEL LIKE A DUMB ASS NOW!
radavis17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that is the sm with me i just have nooooooooo idea
GeekGirlsRule
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pick RS especially if you want to do something in the policing unit so you understand different peoples beliefs and why they may not necessarily agree with your points all the time. It also helps you connect better with the wider world by knowing the beliefs of different religions and comparing them to yours! Pick whichever one you enjoy!:thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads