Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...please can you tell me what the weather is like there at the moment, and whether it rained at all overnight or yesterday? It the ground really wet?

I have a rugby match there tomorrow, and due to the fact that 4 out of our past 5 matches have been cancelled due to the results of previous bad weather, if the one tomorrow is cancelled as well I will be extremely pissed off! So as a result, I am interested to know what the weather is like there today.

So, anyone from Newport?

ReputationRep:
    look on the net, sure there are loadsa weather sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    look on the net, sure there are loadsa weather sites
    They are not always accurate though, I thought that if there was anyone actually there now, they could give me the most accurate answer!

ReputationRep:
    i would offer to drive down and take a look for you but it would take me a fair while

oh and i cant drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    i would offer to drive down and take a look for you but it would take me a fair while

oh and i cant drive
    thanks for the offer anyway lol!

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I also live in Cardiff/Swansea and it hasn't rained and it won't tomorrow. However having said that the rain for the last week has been awful. So the pitch may be waterlogged....

Thought you rugby people could play in anything? A bit of rain or mud isn't that bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jon_D_S)
    I also live in Cardiff/Swansea and it hasn't rained and it won't tomorrow. However having said that the rain for the last week has been awful. So the pitch may be waterlogged....

Thought you rugby people could play in anything? A bit of rain or mud isn't that bad...
    Thanks for the info! It doesn't matter if the pitch is muddy, but if it's been raining really badly for ages beforehand and the pitch is completely waterlogged, then the match gets cancelled. Worse luck...I wouldn't mind playing in it anyway!

ReputationRep:
    It hasn't rained here (in Cardiff) for three whole days...I'm pretty sure that must be some kind of record

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit further away in Aberystwyth and I think we have entered the Welsh drought! TWO days IN A ROW without rain!!!!!!!!! It's flippin' cold though!

ReputationRep:
    I live in newport, weather ok, no rain. just cold

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys - it was really cold like Hayley 2k4 said, and dry, so the match was on (we won 32-0 lol)

ReputationRep:
    were you playing lampeter university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notts)
    were you playing lampeter university?
    I think she was, but I'm not sure. Now I come to think of it, probably Newport!

P.S. Well done about winning the match Lucy!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.