This discussion is closed.
lawladuk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
So c'mon what do thee all know about Girton? What is it like? I know its out on a limb but what is it strong for? What do current students think about it? and what kinda reputation has it got? I think a lot of people are pooled there...like me.....so what else should I be aware of?
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lawladuk)
So c'mon what do thee all know about Girton? What is it like? I know its out on a limb but what is it strong for? What do current students think about it? and what kinda reputation has it got? I think a lot of people are pooled there...like me.....so what else should I be aware of?
To get there from town you have to cycle up the hill...
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have an offer to read Vet Sci there. Can't tell you very much, it seemed like a really nice place when i was there but that wasn't for long. Yea sure it's a way from the centre but that's not so much of an issue for me. The biggest things about Girton for me were that the food was quite good (hey, important things first), the people were really friendly (i had drinks with complete strangers already at the college while i was there, very welcoming) and it has a heated indoor swimming pool!!!!!!! :cool: Hope that helps, you really need a current student (will tell you after October if i get in if you're still interested!!!!)
PL
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Evil place. They turn away decent folk like me

Jokes aside, a bike would be handy.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
To get there from town you have to cycle up the hill...
means for 9 o'clocks you have to cycle downhill, which is a plus.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
means for 9 o'clocks you have to cycle downhill, which is a plus.
Yeah, I saw someone going down castle hill today on his bike and he didn't seem to have any brakes... he was using a foot to slow him down all the way from the top.
Curious.

Alaric.
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
I have an offer to read Vet Sci there. Can't tell you very much, it seemed like a really nice place when i was there but that wasn't for long. Yea sure it's a way from the centre but that's not so much of an issue for me. The biggest things about Girton for me were that the food was quite good (hey, important things first), the people were really friendly (i had drinks with complete strangers already at the college while i was there, very welcoming) and it has a heated indoor swimming pool!!!!!!! :cool: Hope that helps, you really need a current student (will tell you after October if i get in if you're still interested!!!!)
PL
Girton vets up there are really nice
and fit
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Yeah, I saw someone going down castle hill today on his bike and he didn't seem to have any brakes... he was using a foot to slow him down all the way from the top.
Curious.

Alaric.
i did that for years as a kid. all my trainers wore through in no time
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads