Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago I applied for this voluntary job position in which I would create a questionnaire for the mental health services of the Crewe Council.
    This guy emailed me back from the council saying he would love it if I would do this for them. His email was very friendly, only slightly professional, also he tried to be funny afew times by joking about football. :confused:
    He said that he needed to get hold of the main guy of the council and set a date for when I can meet that guy and him and the people that work in the council, so I can start to prepare for this questionnaire. Anyway he got back to me today with the dates I can meet him and stuff, heres the email I got.

Hi Saba
    How are you - ok I hope? I've just heard from Paul (XXXXXX) re a meet. It seems he's available on the following Wednesdays: XXXth November, and XXXth December - both in the afternoon.

However, should you wish to come visit us earlier, that's fine - I'll meet you at the train station and we'll get a taxi down to the office (5mins), then you can meet our chair, Peter and whoever else is around at the time. Plus of course you can have a look at the SCCC

And, if you'd like to have lunch with us, we'll go early to the new pub, next door to the office - on us of course!

So, if you can make any of the above dates let me know. Look forward to hearing from you Saba. By the way, if you want to ring me I'm on XXXXXXXXXXX - I'll ring you back should you be concerned re the cost.

Regards
    Dave
    My mates say that I shudnt do this, cos this guy sounds dodgy. But I want to really do this, cos its a great opportunity and good work experience for me. He told me in a previous email, that this place is hard to find, probably why he wants to get a taxi with me from the train station, cos I live miles away from Crewe.

What do you think? Is he just being friendly and nice, or is it something else.

Love BlueAngel xxx

ReputationRep:
    That does seem weird, but I'm probably not the best judge of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    That does seem weird, but I'm probably not the best judge of that.
    Indeed. The words 'forced marriage' creep, ominously, to mind.

ReputationRep:
    It might be that he's just being friendly and helpful, but if you feel uncomfortable, dont go.

Perhaps you could just arrange to meet them at their office and forget getting a taxi with them- also you could say you are too busy to stay for lunch if you dont want to.

Trust your instincts and do whatever feels right for you.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed O'Neill

*clenches jaw*

ReputationRep:
    forced marriage??????
    *confused*

ReputationRep:
    sorry, what is odd about that? am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I love creating polls!!!!!! :love: haha

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to vote for options 2 and 3, which both seem correct to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    You're names Saba?! I LOVE that name!! :love:
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a normal Council email to me.
    Most visitors to the council get picked up somehow from the train station or anything, the lunch well, its only common courtesy. So, sounds OK to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I can't seem to vote for options 2 and 3, which both seem correct to me.
    you can only vote for one. Do whatever your heart tells you to do

ReputationRep:
    Haha people are only interested in worshipping BA :laugh:

Anyway, yeah it does sound kinda dodgy, but still - ring up and speak to them and see how he sounds on the phone - if he sounds like a duck then he probably is a duck...

ReputationRep:
    whats the dodgy part? that he is picking you up at the train station? its pretty common for that to happen if you are having a visit to your office who doesn't know where it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    Sounds like a normal Council email to me.
    Most visitors to the council get picked up somehow from the train station or anything, the lunch well, its only common courtesy. So, sounds OK to me.
    Oh right, Ive never spoken to the council before. Everyone has different opinions you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    whats the dodgy part? that he is picking you up at the train station? its pretty common for that to happen if you are having a visit to your office who doesn't know where it is.
    Just the informality combined with the pretext of the previous email she's had from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Oh right, Ive never spoken to the council before. Everyone has different opinions you see.
    Meh, its ok, I get plenty of emails from the Council and other various places, so its all normal for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    You're Pakistani I take it?
    maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound dodgy at all. It's quite normal to be offered lunch in the circumstances (after all it looks like they are desperate for this thing to get done). I don't think he's being anything other than friendly and professional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Haha people are only interested in worshipping BA :laugh:

Anyway, yeah it does sound kinda dodgy, but still - ring up and speak to them and see how he sounds on the phone - if he sounds like a duck then he probably is a duck...
    I know I shudnt have put that option now, oh well *goes and updates sig*

What if he sounds like a man?

--------------

well it looks like Mr Dave is Mr Pervert from the poll.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.