The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh for gods sake this is silly. look here I made you a proper guide on how to park that actually works and is tried and tested.

Reply 41
Ooooooooh clever! Thank you!
Reply 42
hannah88
I am getting really annoyed! I passed my test on Friday and I can parallel park and everything but I cannot for the life of me get my car (which is really quite small) into a bay between the white lines! I am feeling really silly- last night I spent an hour and a half in Tescos car park practicing- and I still cannot do it! :mad:

Does anyone have any tips/advice- I can't even drive to school because I cannot park there! :frown:

Please help me! Hannah xxx
Forgive me if someone has said this already...
When you reverse into a bay, turn round and look right INTO the space through the windows (of course taking a brief look at your surroundsing occasionally); when you look INTO the space, it is easierto maneouver(sp??) and control your car the confined area..
Reply 43
Woooo!

Jax, today I parked in a full carpark so I didn't have any choice over what space to take!

I drove in like you showed above.... and it worked really well! My car was completely straight first time, it all worked really well, apart from the bit about driving in like a suave gentleman, which I did struggle with slightly! :biggrin:

Oh and I didn't do a handbrake turn- don't think my dad would be too impressed with me doing that to the car!

Thank you- I really think I have the hang of it now! xx :smile:
Reply 44
hannah88

Oh and I didn't do a handbrake turn- don't think my dad would be too impressed with me doing that to the car!

Wheres the fun in that? But yeah glad you got it now or whatever, Hadn't you tried nose in before?
Reply 45
I had kind of but it didn't go too well- I managed it again in a packed carpark today! wooohooo! Parking queen! xx
hey dont worry! i passed my test on third attempt bout month and half ago, v bad at parking but driving 50 miles everyday has taught me. i drive an estate car, i am have discovered a passion for reverse bay park, which i wass so bad at i drove instructor crazy! its al abot confidence-it will just click. and one thing i have found out in an estae car is persistance-where going into space frontwards, it wont be perfect just strighten up and you will be there! youll be fine!

Latest