Turn on thread page Beta

Girls and boys as friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    my two best friends are boys, we've knwon eachother for over 9 years. It was a bit weird for my boyfriend when we met 3 years ago, probably because he doesn't have any close girl friends. He used to get jealose and stuff whenever i stayed over at their houses but i explained to him that they just saw me as "one of the lads" and there is absolutly nothing going on between me and one of them. I introduced them a couple of months ago and they got on really well, ever since then he hasn't worried at all.

I'd just sit him down and explain to him that there is no way in the world you could possibly do anything to jepodise your future together and you and this guy are friends and nothing more. It might take him a while but he'll come round. Try to imagine what it'd be like if your boyfriend suddenly became quite good friends with a girl, although you trust him fully you might still find it a little weird..

theres my 2 pence worth..

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend seems a bit possessive. If what you say is all thats happened, he is being a jealous moron about the whole thing... Some of my best friends are girls, and I am a guy and I will kiss and cuddle them all the time. It's ridiculous. We are all people, and no one owns anybody else, we should spend life doing what life is for and forming loving, caring relationships. Labels suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    that way your lying to your bf and then when he finds out, all his trust in you has gone out of the window. Just reassure him that his the only one for you.
    read the post... he does have a gf

ReputationRep:
    Dude I have to put up with this **** constantly but its from my girlfriend with any friends who are girls even though i don't even like them. It's as annoying as **** but there is really really nothing you can do sorry to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Wow.

Need I say more?

Wait - why tell us about you getting pregnant by your similarly surnamed boyfriend? Do we care?
    well your boyfriend has a point but then again you can still be friends. ANd there may be rumours going round but ignore it!!!

ReputationRep:
    L.J. I will refer you to your standard advice to other people when things like this are discussed. "Dump him"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i am here now)
    well your boyfriend has a point but then again you can still be friends. ANd there may be rumours going round but ignore it!!!
    Why did you quote my post!? And highlight the bit you did?? You didn't refer to my post at all!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Why did you quote my post!? And highlight the bit you did?? You didn't refer to my post at all!!!!
    What are you trying to achieve by that comment? Increase your post count? :confused:

Because, y'know, there are better ways of doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    He is, he's awesome :love:
    But what do you mean in relation to this?
    Hes so awesome to the point he cant trust you???
    So who cares if the guy fancys you.. surely if the guy did and made any moves on you then you would simpley tell him to back off because you gota bf yeah????
    and surely your bf should trust you to do this to?

ReputationRep:
    Ur boyfriend just has to trust you on this one. Some guys get possesive, it doesn't necessarily mean tht they r being moronic, but ultimately they just have to get over it. It might be a good idea to introduce them as was suggested, but try not to feel pressured into doing this if you don't want 2, not everything in your life has to be a part of ur bf's too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    What are you trying to achieve by that comment? Increase your post count? :confused:

Because, y'know, there are better ways of doing that.
    I'm curious as to what 'i am here now' is trying to achieve by posting my reply to her comment, and then not referring to it at all!!!!
    As far as post count is concerned, I couldn't give a rat's arse. Or about rep. It's a forum full of BNP members and emotionally retarded kids, I'm here for a good laugh

ReputationRep:
    No its true. Some guys can be quite possessive without being clingy....I know that if It was me I'd probably sock the guy in the face if I saw anything dodgy. I've smacked sum1 for getting off with one of my exes once. its a possesiveness thing..but girls should love that...it shows dedication!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim Kabel)
    No its true. Some guys can be quite possessive without being clingy....I know that if It was me I'd probably sock the guy in the face if I saw anything dodgy. I've smacked sum1 for getting off with one of my exes once. its a possesiveness thing..but girls should love that...it shows dedication!
    ...should they?

Possessiveness isn't really a good thing, and hitting someone just because you interpreted a situation in some way (possibly misinterpreting it) isn't going to impress your girlfriend, is it? Think about how she could possibly interpret that - she sees you hitting a guy just because this guy was being fairly close to her; what's to stop her thinking that if she gets friendly with other guys that you're going to hit either them or even her??? Using violence to resolve such problems isn't likely to show dedication - it's more likely to show intimidation and build fear in her mind.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.