The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
World War 3 - they should make a movie about it.

Although when the climax is reached then that'll be the end of the movie...
...because everyone's dead.
Reply 21
How about the UK makes a nice positive gesture to these protesters? When Gadaffi flies off in his private jet we shoot it down?
Original post by py0alb
If its WW3, what exactly are going to be the sides?

As we all know, the sides in WW3 will be irrelevant because all sides will die.

WW4 however will be interesting; the WW3 neutrals & survivors vs. the mutants & zombies.
Reply 23
Original post by j.laurence
The Brits will end the war if anybody ever started one - Harriers, Shet loads of chopper gunners and NUKE

The only question that has been asked about our army this past 10 years is how well equipped is it to actually operate in combat? How well helped are the troops on the ground?

WW3?

Would take a lot to get it going, North Korea, Iran, Israel, they are the ones that it would start with, so I guess we need to take pre-emptive strike
Haha this reminds me of a kid ,when we were in year 6. I'm 19 now. He was asked what he wished for . And he said "WW3" !
Lois: Peter what exactly are you worried is going to happen because of this?
Peter: World War 5!
Lois: Peter, we've been over this. There has to be a World War 3 and 4 first.
Peter: Oh no, oh no. That's the beauty of World War 5 Lois, It's so intense it skips over the other two.
Lois: Peter, it doesn't work ...
Peter (interrupts): I HAVE SPOKEN!
Reply 26
The 'recession' will also be effecting countries because the UK and USA. We blame our government, they blame theirs.

The difference is that when we go on protests there may be some violence but because we don't live in such a controlled system it doesn't turn into an all out fight and revolution.
Original post by Stenner
It isn't any of our business.
Even though Gadaffi's removal would be in our interest, that doesn't justify sending in armed solidiers to create even more chaos, death and destruction.

When has that ever stopped us?
Original post by sfitz1
With all the revolutions and attempted revolutions this year how long do we think this will go on without america and britain having to step in.
What do others think? Especially in relation to Tripoli?

Why should Britain and America have to get involved. It's not either countries job, or either countries business.

Part of the problem is that both these countries, and many Western countries, got involved when these leaders came into power, then funded them, supplied them with weapons. But when these didn't play by the script, that's when the Western countries got upset and start condemning these leaders.
Reply 29
Original post by sfitz1
With all the revolutions and attempted revolutions this year how long do we think this will go on without america and britain having to step in.
What do others think? Especially in relation to Tripoli?

Our media have been entirely in support of the protestors. If they wanted us to back a UK intervention they would have made out the protestors to be violent scum like they did with the student protests over here.

There's no way the British public would stand for an armed intervention, they only managed to take us to war in the middle east because they made us so scared of 'terrorism', no one sees Libya as a threat so I can't see how they can justify it.
Reply 30
Maybe the UN will step up to do an outstanding job at keeping the peace like they did Sierra Leone. I say we pull everyone out of the middle east and cut off the billions in aid. Sadly, I think the people in Egypt and Libya will be worse off after all of this. I have a feeling these dictators will just be replaced with more radical ones. I doubt the Muslim Brotherhood truly has democracy in mind.
There won't be a WW3, purely because we now have nuclear weapons and governments can't cover up atrocities like Srebrenica as well as they used to be able to (See Wikileaks).
Reply 32
There is a kind of world war between the Earth and consumerism, humans and capitalism.
Original post by py0alb
If its WW3, what exactly are going to be the sides?

I wonder about this too. On the face of it you'd have Iran, China, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Syria etc against America, Britain, Israel, India, France, South Korea, Japan with all the various allies of the respective sides involved but I also wonder would the likes of China explicitly side with anyone? Would they risk their standing in the world and actually side with the likes of Iran and NK?
Reply 34
Original post by thisisnew
I wonder about this too. On the face of it you'd have Iran, China, North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Syria etc against America, Britain, Israel, India, France, South Korea, Japan with all the various allies of the respective sides involved but I also wonder would the likes of China explicitly side with anyone? Would they risk their standing in the world and actually side with the likes of Iran and NK?

I don't see what any of those countries would have to gain from getting involved.
Reply 35
No one can really say when WW3 will start but it seems highly likely it will start in the middle east out of a clash between zionism and islam.
Original post by py0alb
I don't see what any of those countries would have to gain from getting involved.

I said "on the face of it" guessing sides based on the assumption that it escalated to an all out war even though it wouldn't ever reach that stage otherwise we'd be hailing our new cockroach overlords.

Anyway Iran, Russia and China are all allies to some extent. If Iran was to be attacked (probably preemptively by Israel - Iranian warships passing through the Suez already have Israel on edge) I guess there's a chance Russia would intervene but I feel like China would sooner side with the west than compromise its current position in the world by coming to the aid of Iran and NK etc. As for Pakistan I'm just guessing any Indian/Israeli aggression would prompt them to take action, again this is assuming it escalated to an all out war.

If anything did kick off between Iran/Israel for example I have no idea what would realistically happen. Obviously the whole world wouldn't pile in and declare what side they're on but I'm guessing Iran & Syria etc would invade or attempt to invade Israel come war and that the US would have to get involved here. If this were to ever happen I think a critical point would be the response of Russia & China.

I guess another potential trigger for a major conflict could be China & Taiwan. Correct me if I'm wrong but China 'claims' Taiwan and often threatens any attempts at claiming independence with military force. Taiwan also relies heavily on the US for protection.

Anyway this is just very wild speculation but it's interesting to think about :cute:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
World War 3 will probably be the Arab World against the Western World.
Reply 38
Many isolated conflict zones around the world could easily 'join hands' to create WW3

There is a philosophical logical argument that continuous warfare cannot be avoided because it feeds evolution.

This means that warfare is in-built

A difference now appears to be that the weapons, chemical, biological and nuclear used in modern warfare remain destructive and debilitating long after the conflict is over - in essence that WW3 represents the snuffing out of life on this planet.

I have thought about ways to survive. Storing Drinking Water, food and so-on.
No.

Latest

Trending

Trending