Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just bought by 4th pair, and I love them, but mine always seem to get wrecked really easily, I mwan my last pair got totally ripped across the back. I tried to attach them together but, my mum threw them out. But still, am I the only one who loves them, but tend to wreck them too easily

ReputationRep:
    I like converses, they are pretty cool and comfortable to wear (except on rainy days!). I don't see why people would make a big deal out of them though, they are just shoes!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you like them?

I think girls with converse and skirts look bad. But with some jeans they look pretty cool.

I have two pairs.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim Kabel)
    EXACTLy. Just look at it! so crap!! People get deluded that these things actually look cool, its morphic fashion syndrome!! I just people would go and buy a decent pair of Nikes or Kswiss n have some style!
    Guess who owns Converse?

Nike.

ReputationRep:
    They're too common now. I liked it when not many peiople wernt wearing them, but now everyone looks like sheep.

ReputationRep:
    I have a converse bag.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting fed up of people who like something until it becomes popular. For gods sake why don't people just wear what they like whether everyone else wears it or it's one off original. Some people think those who follow fashion are pathetic but I reckon those who try to hard not to follow fashion are the pathetic ones.

ReputationRep:
    EXACTLy. Just look at it! so crap!! People get deluded that these things actually look cool, its morphic fashion syndrome!! I just people would go and buy a decent pair of Nikes or Kswiss n have some style!
    Converse are the Gods of footwear. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    I'm getting fed up of people who like something until it becomes popular. For gods sake why don't people just wear what they like whether everyone else wears it or it's one off original. Some people think those who follow fashion are pathetic but I reckon those who try to hard not to follow fashion are the pathetic ones.
    Was that aimed at me? Well I do neither of them, I wear what I feel comfortable in, all be it jeans and t-shirt most of the time. I don't go buying everything fashionable just to look good-even if it is expensive, won't wear etc. I like it when I go shopping and see people and thing..Oooh I like her bag, I wonder where she got it from! Rather then...Ooooh, I like her bag and then naming 20 shops she could have bought it from and know the price of it.

--------------

(Original post by V.P. Keys)
    I have a converse bag.
    Now that's different! I havn't seen any of those!

ReputationRep:
    I love my Converse. I think they do look like clown shoes on some people, but I'm blessed with size 3 feet, so no problem for me. I also have a pair of the trainer-type ones, which are even more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of black low-top converse. I don't find them very comfy, quite a hard sole but I don't think they can be beaten on style when worn with the right clothes etc. However I think they are getting a bit too popular, and with being owned by nike, loose their uniqueness and appeal to be different.

ReputationRep:
    at the risk of repeating myself

convers fuekn rock the socks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emit.)
    ..they are getting a bit too popular, and with being owned by nike, loose their uniqueness and appeal to be different.
    How does that work?

It's not as if the Converse name and logo have been replaced by Nike and the tick. Companies are being bought by larger ones all the time, but it doesn't mean they have to lose what it is that makes them unique.

ReputationRep:
    I luuuuuurve Converse, got my first pair when I was 5, pink high tops. My last pair got ruined in the Bolivian rainforest (that's some stubborn ass mud), but I got some wicked new ones in Thailand (cheapie cheapie), the ones that fold over at the top, think they're super cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazydays)
    Was that aimed at me? Well I do neither of them, I wear what I feel comfortable in, all be it jeans and t-shirt most of the time. I don't go buying everything fashionable just to look good-even if it is expensive, won't wear etc. I like it when I go shopping and see people and thing..Oooh I like her bag, I wonder where she got it from! Rather then...Ooooh, I like her bag and then naming 20 shops she could have bought it from and know the price of it.

--------------

Now that's different! I havn't seen any of those!
    It wasn't aimed at anyone. I just had a slight out burst because I have seen things so many times on this forum about people only liking something if not many people have it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people wear these hideous excuses for footwear? If I see a girl that is wearing them I am instantly put off....they're just so wierd! Anyone else agree?
    not at all

i do admit i love them, tho they have a seriously short life span

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff2233)
    How does that work?

It's not as if the Converse name and logo have been replaced by Nike and the tick. Companies are being bought by larger ones all the time, but it doesn't mean they have to lose what it is that makes them unique.
    It's not the appearance I'm talking about, but the reasoning behind wearing them for some, I would say, was because they were a relatively small brand with a unique style and that appeals to certain consumers. Now it's not a small brand, perhaps partly due to Nike's accquisition who want to milk it for all it's worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    It wasn't aimed at anyone. I just had a slight out burst because I have seen things so many times on this forum about people only liking something if not many people have it.
    Oh, O.k.

ReputationRep:
    Eeeee, they do the cow print Converse in size 3 now
    Although I just had green dunlops and black dunlops so I probably shouldn't buy any for a while ... until the next installment of my student loan goes in

ReputationRep:
    Converse rock!! I've got them in red, white, black and just got cool green ones for christmas. Whats good about them is that their comfortable, come in so many different colours, go with jeans, u can wear them out like with jeans and a blazer and funky scarf or casual with jeans and a tshirt for a lecture.

Also so many different types of people wear them..exhibit wears them on pimp my ride..as does the geek from the oc..(seth)

It does irritate me wen i see chavs who say things like 'do ya get me bruv' who wear them with really really tight jeans and those nike tn air max trainers things and short puffa jacket coats with fur on the hood! :eek:

No offence intended to those who do!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.