Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got some blue ones for £16 in the sales!!!

ReputationRep:
    Converse are maybe the most comfortable shoes ever! They look cool if you have a quirky pair and i have size 3 feet so i don't look like a clown (in my opinion :rolleyes: ) when i wear them

I have three pairs to date:
    Red Hi-Tops (with fab odd laces :cool: )
    Punk Pink Hi-Tops (with black sole and black laces with white stars)
    Black Hi-Tops (with black sole and bright red laces)

Skate shoes are also comfy
    I don't wear shoes for fashion or to fit in- i wear them to be comfortable

ReputationRep:
    Size 3 feet?! wow Yeh, I agree, on small feet they look pretty cute.

ReputationRep:
    got my first pair, they are strange things I'll give you that, they do look cool but being a size 10 when they are brand new and sparkling white (i have black hi-tops) I look like I have clown feet :mad:

I just stuck some badges on them, further customization forthcoming

ReputationRep:
    i bought theeeee nicest converse when i was in america last week, they are brown with pink and white flowers on them and have a pink strip on the base bit. Im actually in love with them and they where only $20.00 bargin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    I got some blue ones for £16 in the sales!!!
    £16? where?

ReputationRep:
    Sports World in Croydon. Its a bit manic, and you have to be prepared to get on your hands and knees and rummage through a pile of shoe boxes to find your size but its worth it. Definately worth it!

p.s. £16.49 to be exact

ReputationRep:
    I could not live without my converses! I have 3 pair; classic black lowcut, hot pink hightop, and a burgundy lowcut. I payed a pretty penny for them too and they were worth it! Nearest store to me sells them for $40.00 But they're so comfy and totally cute with jeans! I guess you either love them or hate them...My friend never shuts up about how ugly they are when she sees me wearing them :rolleyes:

I dunno about other states, but where I am in the US, the grungier and more mangled your converses look, the more trendy they are :cool:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have some white ones which I've been decorating with marker pens and hopefully they'll be ready for the summer. Also have a pair of black ones , but the sole has come off one of them, but I can't bear to throw them away! And I have black leather ones too. They're very comfortable, but never wear them in snow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim Kabel)
    Why do people wear these hideous excuses for footwear? If I see a girl that is wearing them I am instantly put off....they're just so wierd! Anyone else agree?
    I can't say I'm all that bothered if a uy wears them, but I agree, they are pretty gross.
    As for a girl wearing them? I frankly cannot understand why any girl would wear something so unflattering. I swear to God it makes girls look grubby because they never look clean. But then I think that's the whole point, am I not right?!

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I'm all that bothered if a uy wears them, but I agree, they are pretty gross.
    As for a girl wearing them? I frankly cannot understand why any girl would wear something so unflattering. I swear to God it makes girls look grubby because they never look clean. But then I think that's the whole point, am I not right?!
    Goto a gig, like, erm, the NME Tour. Cut every person off at the ankles, dispose of the bodies and I bet you will find at least 60% of those people are wearing chucks

ReputationRep:
    There's some gorgeous Converse in Office at the moment... with a polka dot and lace effect... ooh. I want them.

I still have me very first pair of Converse which were glued to my feet for the first for years of my teenage life. They parts that are supposed to be white are now a very dark grey colour, and they are literally held together by a few threads (no threads in most parts)

That was during my grunge phase... now however, I have realised that I can wear clean converse and still like the music without having to rip my jeans and sport flannel shirts... eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    There's some gorgeous Converse in Office at the moment... with a polka dot and lace effect... ooh. I want them.
    Real Converse or fake? Alot of the big shops are bringing in Converse lookalikeys

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lazydays]Was that aimed at me? Well I do neither of them, I wear what I feel comfortable in, all be it jeans and t-shirt most of the time. I don't go buying everything fashionable just to look good-even if it is expensive, won't wear etc. I like it when I go shopping and see people and thing..Oooh I like her bag, I wonder where she got it from! Rather then...Ooooh, I like her bag and then naming 20 shops she could have bought it from and know the price of it.

thats very tru, all my friends wear converse nowadays but im not really into them so even tho i may be the odd one out, i wont do something purely for the sake of doing it, i have my own trend and style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous_angel)
    (Original post by lazydays)
    Was that aimed at me? Well I do neither of them, I wear what I feel comfortable in, all be it jeans and t-shirt most of the time. I don't go buying everything fashionable just to look good-even if it is expensive, won't wear etc. I like it when I go shopping and see people and thing..Oooh I like her bag, I wonder where she got it from! Rather then...Ooooh, I like her bag and then naming 20 shops she could have bought it from and know the price of it.
    thats very tru, all my friends wear converse nowadays but im not really into them so even tho i may be the odd one out, i wont do something purely for the sake of doing it, i have my own trend and style
    Good god... Talk about necro threads. Why the hell did you dig this up!? It's over 3 years old!!!! :>.<:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.