Abstinence Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What are your thoughts on abstinence till marriage?
Josh75077
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Maybe a good idea......

Too late now though.........
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
stupid.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if you love them, they love you, and the time is right, what's marriage got to do with it
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Josh75077)
Maybe a good idea......

Too late now though.........
Lol I can agree with that,
I think the stuff in America is outrageous, did you see they were getting like 10 and 11 year olds to do it before they even have hormones?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I believe in abstinence after marriage. Abstinence from ironing, dishes, laundry...

But seriously, I believe the prerequisite for sex is exclusivity, i.e. neither of the couple is even contemplating doing it with anyone else.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
if you love them, they love you, and the time is right, what's marriage got to do with it
#ooooohohh what's love got to do got do with it, ohohh it's just a second hand emotion ooh what's love got to do got to do with it something something and hearts can be brokennnnn#
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not very practical in the UK's society. You have sex thrown at you from a very early age.

Anybody seen a program on C4 called 'Texas Teenage Virgins'. Was about couples who were abstinent till marriage. They said that they never turned the lights off when watching a late night film, and had never seen each others genitals. They had been going out for like a few years. Seems pretty sad to me.

Adam
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I had to turn that off like the one on BBC 2 today because the leaders of it were seriously scary to me, I mean that guy was telling the interviewer that the end of the world was coming and the only reason he wanted the children to not have sex before marriage is so when the world blows up god will let them into heaven otherwise they'd be made to go to hell for having sex outside marriage....screwwwwed up
Josh75077
Report 14 years ago
I'm from Texas!!

Gee 10 or 11, huh, that must make me old, I'm 15.......
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Have you taken the choice of abstinence, because I'm pretty sure all us Brits think it's pretty stupid
Josh75077
Report 14 years ago
Have you taken the choice of abstinence, because I'm pretty sure all us Brits think it's pretty stupid
No I had sex 3 months ago.........though I don't maybe think abstenance it stupid....if your reasons are good. Somethings can be worth waitin for and that can make them better. Though what I'm thinkin of is when the Rangers win the pennant, that'll be a long wait.....
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think that sex necessarily has to wait until marriage (although I'm sure my very Catholic mother would disagree), but I'm certainly not into casual sex. I think it can definitely be better for your physical and mental health if you do it with somebody you know and trust.
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.uk-learning.net/t23932.html

Surely this is the same deal??
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lbar)
http://www.uk-learning.net/t23932.html

Surely this is the same deal??
Didn't see that
deadflower1984
Report 14 years ago
I don't believe in abstinence until marriage but I do think it's best to wait until you are in a relationship before having sex, believe me I've had enough one night stands, they are laughable at best and soul destroying at worst!
deadflower1984
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by deadflower1984)
I don't believe in abstinence until marriage but I do think it's best to wait until you are in a relationship before having sex, believe me I've had enough one night stands, they are laughable at best and soul destroying at worst!
By the way, I'm not that easy, it's just I have manic depression and get very uninhibited!
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Complete abstinence or just abstinence with other people?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (661)
80.61%
Leave (159)
19.39%

Watched Threads