This discussion is closed.
hattori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sadly, I think Bill Gates is deserving.

But I also think that life wouldn't be much different if Microsoft never existed. We'd still have computers, they'd probably work better and be easier to use. They would still be used by everyone and be used in everything.

I think if Bill Gates weren't here techies would find someone else to hate. The thing is developing computers is a hobby for techies but it's also a business and if Bill Gates weren't the one making all the money Apple or IBM or someother company would be.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I love my iBook, so cute but powerfull
i suppose, if you like pretty paperweights that dont quite do what you want them to do
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
Sadly, I think Bill Gates is deserving.

But I also think that life wouldn't be much different if Microsoft never existed. We'd still have computers, they'd probably work better and be easier to use. They would still be used by everyone and be used in everything.

I think if Bill Gates weren't here techies would find someone else to hate. The thing is developing computers is a hobby for techies but it's also a business and if Bill Gates weren't the one making all the money Apple or IBM or someother company would be.
But apple stuff is so much better, OS X never crashes, if you change from a pc to a mac you'll never go back.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
i suppose, if you like pretty paperweights that dont quite do what you want them to do
it does everything I want it too, or if it doesn't I go on the G4 tower or Powerbook...
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well you have to say that he is quite charitable with his money...
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
it does everything I want it too, or if it doesn't I go on the G4 tower or Powerbook...
y'see, i can do everything i want to do (and more) on my fast Windows rig, which costs a lot less (~£450) than any mac
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
But apple stuff is so much better, OS X never crashes, if you change from a pc to a mac you'll never go back.
Windows XP never crashes either.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
y'see, i can do everything i want to do (and more) on my fast Windows rig, which costs a lot less (~£450) than any mac
the only reason I'll want to go on something else is when I get distracted by this this place, my iBook never crashes, it's really fast has lotsa memory, RAM and stuff and was about £1200, great value I can create dvds, movies play around with flash or whatever my heart desires
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Windows XP never crashes either.
Yes, despite the efforts of the fashionable Microsoft-bashers to convince the public otherwise, it can't be disputed that Microsoft Windows XP has a very stable kernel, if not the most stable available in a consumer-O/S at present. People who say otherwise, are IMO, lying.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Yes, despite the efforts of the fashionable Microsoft-bashers to convince the public otherwise, it can't be disputed that Microsoft Windows XP has a very stable kernel, if not the most stable available in a consumer-O/S at present. People who say otherwise, are IMO, lying.
Exactly I get mocked by my course mates for having XP, you should have Linux or Win 2K3 and all this crap. But XP is stable, it never crahses at all, especialy if you use Fireblade and not I.E.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
OS X is very stable... hmmmm I don't usually argue about computers with people, except when I was 7 years old and arguing with an evil child who has now come around to my way of thinking
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Exactly I get mocked by my course mates for having XP, you should have Linux or Win 2K3 and all this crap. But XP is stable, it never crahses at all, especialy if you use Fireblade and not I.E.
Ive not tried Win2k3, but I've tried linux and thought "whats the point? I can do more on windows, and I dont have to re-learn how to do it", so XP it is.

IE isnt too bad, but I use Mozilla Firebird. Much zippier.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
OS X is very stable... hmmmm I don't usually argue about computers with people, except when I was 7 years old and arguing with an evil child who has now come around to my way of thinking
You know a lot considering your a girl doing GCSEs hehe Its great though to know their are girls out their that know what an operating system is. Actually thats not really fair, I know loads of girls that know what they are, they just can't build PCs.

I could never get used to OS X, it just seemed a bit strange being based on free BSB, I prefer the old Mac operating system some how. My favoutie OS is Windows though because its what I have been using the past 12 years.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
theres a spoof online somewhere of the apple adverts, and it is one of the funniest things ive seen in ages.

http://www.funny.co.uk/fun-and-games...le-Mac-Ad.html
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ive not tried Win2k3, but I've tried linux and thought "whats the point? I can do more on windows, and I dont have to re-learn how to do it", so XP it is.

IE isnt too bad, but I use Mozilla Firebird. Much zippier.
Since I upgraded my PC to 512MB RAM I.E started crashing a bit, only once a week but it was still annoying. Fireblade never crashes. Whats odd is not other programs crash such as photoshop so it can't be a hardware problem.
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
If stealing ideas and hostile business is the key to getting a knighthood, then I don't think I want one.

Some of this is overlooked as he's wealthy and people look for reasons to hate him. However, he has actually contributed a hell of a lot to charity, welfare and the like. Also, education, including a very generous scholarship program at Cambridge.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Some of this is overlooked as he's wealthy and people look for reasons to hate him. However, he has actually contributed a hell of a lot to charity, welfare and the like. Also, education, including a very generous scholarship program at Cambridge.
If he'd given back as much as he's raped from this world, he wouldn't be wealthy at all....
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
theres a spoof online somewhere of the apple adverts, and it is one of the funniest things ive seen in ages.

http://www.funny.co.uk/fun-and-games...le-Mac-Ad.html
that man seems demented hahaha! but it goes on forever... I've never had any of those problems... I'm actually quite scared now, that music in my ears and the man attacking things...
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You know a lot considering your a girl doing GCSEs hehe Its great though to know their are girls out their that know what an operating system is. Actually thats not really fair, I know loads of girls that know what they are, they just can't build PCs.

I could never get used to OS X, it just seemed a bit strange being based on free BSB, I prefer the old Mac operating system some how. My favoutie OS is Windows though because its what I have been using the past 12 years.
Fair enough Hahaha speaking of building PC's we have PC's at school and the head of IT wants me to help him redo all his network and stuff, even though I'm not doing IT at GCSE...
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
If he'd given back as much as he's raped from this world, he wouldn't be wealthy at all....
he does give back a lot.

when he dies his kids are gonna have very little (relatively speaking - theyre gonna get a million or so dollars), and the rest goes to charity.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads