This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Er, your a girl. You wouldnt understand these things.
haha...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
haha...
Indeed. Wheres the shoorah?
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
[url]Well he's more deserving than rugby players anyway...
What a bizarre way of looking at it.

Bill Gates - created software which has brought hours of misery to my life and countless other peoples lives. Windows does everything a virus does... mainly causing havoc. It hasn't brought any joy... when software works and does what it says on the box it surely should be what is expected? Certainly not a reason to be happy!

England Rugby - brought happiness and joy to the majority of the UK. Something undeniably good unless you are:

a) Celtic and bitter
b) A short sighted football-or-nothing supporter
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Look at it like this. He changed the world. Most of us use his software. Like him or not he has vastly helped us out. Wouldn't knight him though, he didn't win the Champions' League
Saddam Hussain in his peculiar way changed the world. I won't be calling for him to become Sir Saddam.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
If stealing ideas and hostile business is the key to getting a knighthood, then I don't think I want one.
You can't be surprised ... isn't that the way is used to be always?
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Me too and I would never buy anything other
this is why i hate mac owners. they have to shout about it everywhere.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
But apple stuff is so much better, OS X never crashes, if you change from a pc to a mac you'll never go back.
I tried it when I bought an ibook but didn't get on with it. There are almost too simplistic and easy to use - PC's seem a lot more customisable. Anyways, I have now sold that and got me a PC again. Yay!!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
What a bizarre way of looking at it.

Bill Gates - created software which has brought hours of misery to my life and countless other peoples lives. Windows does everything a virus does... mainly causing havoc. It hasn't brought any joy... when software works and does what it says on the box it surely should be what is expected? Certainly not a reason to be happy!

England Rugby - brought happiness and joy to the majority of the UK. Something undeniably good unless you are:

a) Celtic and bitter
b) A short sighted football-or-nothing supporter
What OS are you using right now? Why are you using it?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm a proud user of Windows because is the best O.S. for the x86 architecture.
And the when I say the best, I mean that is the only one that can deliver me all that I want in an O.S., like games.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
I'm a proud user of Windows because is the best O.S. for the x86 architecture.
And the when I say the best, I mean that is the only one that can deliver me all that I want in an O.S., like games.
I found that Novell was really good for games, once you had some brainy guy configure it properly for you.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I found that Novell was really good for games, once you had some brainy guy configure it properly for you.
I've never tried it.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've never tried it.
Give it a look if you can, but you will need someone to help set it up properly for games if you're not entirely techy like me.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Give it a look if you can, but you will need someone to help set it up properly for games if you're not entirely techy like me.
I will if I have some time, I'm a C\C++ Senior Programmer and know I'm studying two courses with the OU.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I will if I have some time, I'm a C\C++ Senior Programmer and know I'm studying two courses with the OU.
Ah. You should be fine then once you've got that under your belt. But give it a couple of years and you can write your own OS. The guy who helped me with Linux and Novell wrote his own. Not as easy to use as the professionally done ones, but he swears by it.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Ah. You should be fine then once you've got that under your belt. But give it a couple of years and you can write your own OS. The guy who helped me with Linux and Novell wrote his own. Not as easy to use as the professionally done ones, but he swears by it.
I could write it right now but I don't have the time, I must work or will not eat. I've read all the ****ing minix crap and then I learnt the real deal (assembly).
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I could write it right now but I don't have the time, I must work or will not eat. I've read all the ****ing minix crap and then I learnt the real deal (assembly).
ah work. its a killer, but we all have to do it
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
ah work. its a killer, but we all have to do it
Yep, sure, what do you do?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep, sure, what do you do?
Well as of last Saturday I've become a full time studen again. Prior to that I was a lowly McDonald's Manager who was trying to do a Bachelor of Commerce via correspondance. This proved rather difficult and was going to take almost 8 years at a comfortable rate of study. So for now I think I'll just go get a job in a pub or something once I've moved, which should happen in about a week.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Well as of last Saturday I've become a full time studen again. Prior to that I was a lowly McDonald's Manager who was trying to do a Bachelor of Commerce via correspondance. This proved rather difficult and was going to take almost 8 years at a comfortable rate of study. So for now I think I'll just go get a job in a pub or something once I've moved, which should happen in about a week.
Where are moving to?
I've move from Argentina to Spain last March.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Where are moving to?
I've move from Argentina to Spain last March.
Not quite that far. Just to the town where my university is. It is only about 320km away from where I live now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads