This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
really like to read an article about? Any particular issues that are concerning you, a way of life that you find interesting. I inquire as I have mental block and I need some inspiration to write some articles for my portfolio, anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated and I will give credit
Hibbsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
really like to read an article about? Any particular issues that are concerning you, a way of life that you find interesting. I inquire as I have mental block and I need some inspiration to write some articles for my portfolio, anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated and I will give credit

You really do have some time on your hands, don't you?! :cool:
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hibbsy)
You really do have some time on your hands, don't you?! :cool:
You could say that, I am doing 3 AS levels (extra) and they aren't very important I also have full blown insomnia and I need to make a portfolio for my University interviews and in order to have a portfolio, one must have articles
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
*prods*
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm interested to see if there's any correlation between attractiveness and wealth. I suspect there is. Alot of one's appearance is genetic I believe. Rich men are more likely to marry good looking women, hence a likelihood of having good looking children, who are also more likely to be rich ... cycle continues.
I have noticed this. Maybe coincidence, but I don't think so.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Not to mention they can afford Plastic surgery and expensive spa treatments to reduce the appearance of cellulite etc
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here is something disturbing and intersting I found the other day.

The use of drugs for human improvement. eg. speed for fighter pilots, anti-sleep drugs for factory workers.

Should they be allowed? Could they become compulsory? Should they even be developed?

Why am I still awake?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Please do an article on Buddhism...
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not to mention they can afford Plastic surgery and expensive spa treatments to reduce the appearance of cellulite etc
True, but I am talking more about natural beauty (ie that which can be seen in children ... that which no amount of makeup or plastic surgery can affect). You could write about the social consequences. Compare and contrast with Hitler's arien (sp?!) dream.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
I'm interested to see if there's any correlation between attractiveness and wealth. I suspect there is. Alot of one's appearance is genetic I believe. Rich men are more likely to marry good looking women, hence a likelihood of having good looking children, who are also more likely to be rich ... cycle continues.
I have noticed this. Maybe coincidence, but I don't think so.
dunno if this i relevant, but - psychological research ahs shown that people who are pretty and have nice sounding names are much more likely to get jobs etc - so that might explain why they may be richer
magicalsausage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Something about people obsessed with cheese or that kind of thing (you know the kind of person who holds "cheese parties").
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Please do an article on Buddhism...
I was originally looking for something like Top up loans, student housing, safe sex at university kind of thing...
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
dunno if this i relevant, but - psychological research ahs shown that people who are pretty and have nice sounding names are much more likely to get jobs etc - so that might explain why they may be richer
aah yes, another aspect i hadn't considered. So even if someone from a poorer background happens to be good looking, he or she is more likely to go on and become rich and wealthy and join the cycle.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was originally looking for something like Top up loans, student housing, safe sex at university kind of thing...
O-kaaaaaaaay way off the mark...

But there's a test for a budding journalist, an article on a subject you don't know much about. That way you can research more and be more like an actual journalist.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do some on swimming! or diving, or sports, or nature being polluted, or finally what an @#$ G.W. Bush is.
Josh75077
Report 16 years ago
When the Rangers will produce guys who can pitch.......no more John Burketts.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
aah yes, another aspect i hadn't considered. So even if someone from a poorer background happens to be good looking, he or she is more likely to go on and become rich and wealthy and join the cycle.
according to the research - not sure how reliable it is though. my psychology teacher just said one day the only reason she is nice to me is coz she likes my name, and coz i'm pretty he he - scary lol
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
O-kaaaaaaaay way off the mark...

But there's a test for a budding journalist, an article on a subject you don't know much about. That way you can research more and be more like an actual journalist.
Actually I was really looking for a doss job so I can write more of a good quality and get this finished before the 11th of February! I have several things in way of essays and screenplays but I need to do some articles and I think it be slightly more easy not to mention useful if I did some stuff that relates to University so then I can prepare myself for the future
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anti-semitism
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.79%
No (263)
33.21%

Watched Threads