Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok any good tips ..here's one i use ..Take a pair of new/nearly new Tights..Black opaques work best..scissors...now "cut both legs off" you now want to cut each leg into small nylon tubes ..about 6" long... after cutting the feet off!! Now carry one nylon tube in your handbag....why you ask..? OK say you are at work...perhaps a waitress etc and you ladder or put a hole in your tights what do you do....? well now you just slip on the nylon tube over the hole /ladder, now no one will notice a thing same with the foot just cover it with the " off cut foot" i have only done this with my black opaques though..dont know if it would work with thin tights.

ReputationRep:
    great i'll use that!

ReputationRep:
    but you've just ruined a pair of tights to wear a pair why not just use the new pair and wear them instead I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    but you've just ruined a pair of tights to wear a pair why not just use the new pair and wear them instead I don't get it
    yes but that one pair of tights will be cut up into 8/10 nylon tubes enough to last you to wear many other pairs without fear of laddering them.

ReputationRep:
    Well why don't you just cut up your old tights for the same purpose rather than wasting a pair of new ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karina)
    yes but that one pair of tights will be cut up into 8/10 nylon tubes enough to last you to wear many other pairs without fear of laddering them.
    Right....
    i dont wear tights...to much hassle to squeeze aem on. the pinching. oh the pain of it... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    tip:
    combine colours that contrast a lot eg black+pink, jeans+orange

looks trendy :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You could just not ladder them

ReputationRep:
    my mum just buys like a million tights so if i ladder them, which i always do, then you don't need to bother with all that stuff. (it must look a bit funny on you anyway) Just put on another pair, alot more simple.

ReputationRep:
    I get through tights so quickly. ive found since ive started wearing opaque ones, theyve lasted a bit longer though. wouldnt it just be easier to carry a spare pair of tights around though? and when you put the tube over the hole, will it not slip around? and it might look a bit odd as well, and if you dont have any clear nail varnish, the ladder might run further up or down the tights. good idea though, but since tights from Home Bargains are 89p a pair, its easier for me to just buy a few pairs.

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt you just have a really obvious extra layer of tights though? It would look weeeird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leona)
    wouldnt you just have a really obvious extra layer of tights though? It would look weeeird.
    thats why it will only work with compleatly opaque ones..like "m&s 60 denier's

ReputationRep:
    IF i wore tights, and it just happened to rip, I'd put on a fresh pair, or, better yet, don't! Hope this little tip works. hehe

ReputationRep:
    You know what...dont take fashion tips from someone who wears brown mules with black tights, and who wants a leg-tube skirt.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t178447.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    You know what...dont take fashion tips from someone who wears brown mules with black tights, and who wants a leg-tube skirt.
    I'll second that!!! Have you seen her other threads...this is NOT someone to take tips frm..she needs tips given to her!!!! :p: Where's Trinny and Susannah now?

ReputationRep:
    or you could just carry a bottle of clear nail varnish - its tempory solution but it will work while you are out - on the tranparent tights deff not sure bout opaques where the ladder is paint over with nail varnish - while wearin the tights - if forms the thin layer and stops them laddering anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    I saw this thread first, then noticed her utterly dreadful ones. Should've NEVER replied... That's probably why she posts so much here... and everyone else to criticize.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.