Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Well, yes I am, but that's besides the point.
    You are anything but a nutter Ayaan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...901952,00.html

PAGE 1 OF 3On page 2 and 3 there are short summaries of the Parker, Hopley and Donald murders.
    Man, that article is actually legendary. I thought The Times was turning into a more liberal, Guardian-type magazine, which, by any doubts, wouldn't publish something like this.

Thank you, The Times, for showing people the extent of anti-white racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    Man, that article is actually legendary. I thought The Times was turning into a more liberal, Guardian-type magazine, which, by any doubts, wouldn't publish something like this.

Thank you, The Times, for showing people the extent of anti-white racism.
    This very story utterly discredits your entire notion that there is some kind of media-led conspiracy to downplay anti-white racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    This very story utterly discredits your entire notion that there is some kind of media-led conspiracy to downplay anti-white racism.
    To be honest, I'm bloody flabbergasted that this story was released. The article points out that anti-white racist attacks are a taboo in society - and that's absolutely true. I've always had a bit of faith in The Times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Yes, of course every British citizen is British.
    Spot on. It is obviously possible to be British without being Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Welsh or Irish. 'Britishness' being a legal technicality dependent upon where you happen to be born/where you succesfully immigrate and in no way connected to your ethnic group. A black kid born in England speaking English as his mother-tongue and raised within English culture is anglo-saxon in my view. Culture and language are not genetically inheritable and his ancestry has no direct bearing upon him. He is just as English as any white kid whos ancestry can be traced back to Alfred the Great.

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a bit of faith in The Times.
    Have you?

I thought The Times was turning into a more liberal, Guardian-type magazine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Have you?
    I had faith in them, even though they seemed to be turning into a liberal-type paper. Just glad they've done an article such as this one.

Wonder why I called The Times a magazine the other day...

ReputationRep:
    I waas just about to post that - what an interesting article it was. Although, the nesxt page of the paper totally ruined its effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Spot on. It is obviously possible to be British without being Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Welsh or Irish. 'Britishness' being a legal technicality dependent upon where you happen to be born/where you succesfully immigrate and in no way connected to your ethnic group. A black kid born in England speaking English as his mother-tongue and raised within English culture is anglo-saxon in my view. Culture and language are not genetically inheritable and his ancestry has no direct bearing upon him. He is just as English as any white kid whos ancestry can be traced back to Alfred the Great.
    Im sorry but i dont agree with that point, when i see a black person for example, they may sound english and lived here all their lives but i wouldnt think that they were english simply because of the skin colour, they may say their english but i still dont think 100% that they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    i wouldnt think that they were english simply because of the skin colour, they may say their english but i still dont think 100% that they are.
    Well i wouldnt expect you to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Im sorry but i dont agree with that point, when i see a black person for example, they may sound english and lived here all their lives but i wouldnt think that they were english simply because of the skin colour, they may say their english but i still dont think 100% that they are.
    They are english and its completely foolish to classify on the basis of something as utterly meaningless as complexion.

ReputationRep:
    While they may be English, per-se, they most certainly are not Anglo-Saxon.

--------------

(Original post by an Siarach)
    They are english and its completely foolish to classify on the basis of something as utterly meaningless as complexion.
    Complexion is not the only thing which differentiates races.

ReputationRep:
    While they may be English, per-se, they most certainly are not Anglo-Saxon.
    Of course not, no one's suggesting you can change your race, but that has nothing to do with their nationality.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, no one's suggesting you can change your race, but that has nothing to do with their nationality.
    "A black kid born in England speaking English as his mother-tongue and raised within English culture is anglo-saxon in my view."

ReputationRep:
    "A black kid born in England speaking English as his mother-tongue and raised within English culture is anglo-saxon in my view."

What an idiotic statement. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Are you sure you meant that, AS?

Because it looks like you've contradicted yourself, following on from the first sentence of that paragraph:

It is obviously possible to be British without being Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you meant that, AS?

Because it looks like you've contradicted yourself, following on from the first sentence of that paragraph:

It is obviously possible to be British without being Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.
    It is? How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfloyd)
    It is? How?
    You consider race related to citizenship, I don't. End.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Yes, that's called racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    Yes, that's called racism.
    Who are the English spk, who are the Zulus, who are the Ainu, who are the Iroquois, who are the Maoris? Could you identify each of them in a "cultural" line-up, just by their appearance. I could. How would I manage something like that?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.