Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've got some coursework to plan and I need to write up a plan. It is on the enthalpy change of combustion in 1 mol of fuels (alchohol).

And help. websites would be brilliant.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    is that fule a la Molesworth's brother?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I dont no what that is. I have only just started my AS course.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    then check it out! Nigel Molesworth

ReputationRep:
    You could investigate how the number of carbon atoms affects the enthalpy of combustion.

ReputationRep:
    You could investigate how the number of carbon atoms affects the enthalpy of combustion.
    i like this idea as I was considering looking at the molecular structure anyway. Would there be a pattern if I was to look at this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shrek)
    i like this idea as I was considering looking at the molecular structure anyway. Would there be a pattern if I was to look at this?
    Yes as you go up the alcohols (carbon chain wise) methanol , ethanol, etc the enthalpy change of combustion would increase.

ReputationRep:
    just started to write the plan and i only have the weekend to complete enen though i was given it today did the rest of you have only one chance to get the plan completely perfect? oh and if you have any tips on the planning could you please help?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.