Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always have the tendancy to be anxious about the future but what can you do to avoid getting wrinkles?

Also, what creams do you think are good for cold weather conditions? I remember going to iceland once and my skin turned so rough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Mouse)
    I always have the tendancy to be anxious about the future but what can you do to avoid getting wrinkles?
    Cleanse, tone and moisturise every day without fail.

Don't smoke, get plenty of sleep and generally live a healthy lifestyle. Don't go out in the sun a lot (or even under a sunbed) as this ages skin prematurely.

As you get older (perhaps 26+) you can use brands like Olay and L'Oreal (assuming they're still arounf at that point) which have specific creams etc to prevent aging before it starts in earnest. Also, glycolic peels are also meant to be quite good for keeping skin looking fresh.

Otherwise, just relax and smile (smiling uses less muscles than frowning, thus creating less wrinkles :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Wrinkles!? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Sell conviction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    Wrinkles!? How old are you?
    I'm 62 years old. not! lol I'm only 19 and I dont have wrinkles. I was just wondering because of the nivea beauty boost advert - when they talked about having wrinkles at the age of 21 I was like :eek :eek :eek People actually have wrinkles at that age?!?!?!? I dont think anyone in my family has wrinkles at that age but still, my diet and lifestyle is different can be very different to theirs. What age do you think is a good time to clense, tone and moisterise?

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to get wrinkles now, and im 19 :eek: sometimes i use my mums anti-ageing cream when im at home as well until she hides it from me :mad: . i was told olive is good for preventing them, as its very moisturising. but its botox all the way for me once i get to 25!

ReputationRep:
    sometimes people just think that they have wrinkles but they actually havent. I do know a few people who think that they have wrinkles. I'm using one of Olays products :s: but its like one of the very few moisterisers that work with me.

ReputationRep:
    No i do actually have wrinkles. my mum said to me once "oh, all your make ups gone into the wrinkles on your forehead."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da Mouse)
    People actually have wrinkles at that age?!?!?!? I dont think anyone in my family has wrinkles at that age but still, my diet and lifestyle is different can be very different to theirs. What age do you think is a good time to clense, tone and moisterise?
    All my family age well, so I'm not too worried.

Cleanse, tone and moisturise now - it only takes 10 minutes and leaves your skin feeling great. You get off all the make-up, dirt from the day etc, and leave your skin in good condition.

ReputationRep:
    wear sunglasses.. lol i'm getting wrinkles round my eyes from squinting too much (and laughing too much :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you dont just wrinkles cos of UV rays - cold wind isnt good for your face aswell. Better start cleansing and toning! I'm worried in case I'll end up getting something too strong for me :s:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and have wrinkles around my eyes... I spend all day laughing, even when I'm not happy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.