The Student Room Group

Would you pay for online revision materials for GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lily Academia
No; the internet's too distracting - I can never really 'revise' on it. I say I can, but I'm normally lying to myself. Shutting myself in my room armed with texbooks and notebooks for hours on end works just fine.

That's true, I remember trying to revise online sometimes but within minutes I'm talking to my friends on msn and facebook!

So, would you pay to download materials to print yourself e.g practice papers?
Original post by Le Masquerador.

Original post by Le Masquerador.
So true! It doesn't help I feel the need to treat myself to an hour (or more) break for working 15 minutes straight :/

In answer to the OP, no, I really wouldn't spend money on anything gcse related online.

Unless you've got extraordinary willpower, anyone who claims they revise 'best' online is kidding themselves. I tend to spend more time 'taking a break' than I do actually revising.
Reply 22
No
Original post by Lily Academia
Unless you've got extraordinary willpower, anyone who claims they revise 'best' online is kidding themselves. I tend to spend more time 'taking a break' than I do actually revising.

Haha, good to know I'm not alone :tongue:
Original post by babyeinstein

That's true, I remember trying to revise online sometimes but within minutes I'm talking to my friends on msn and facebook!

So, would you pay to download materials to print yourself e.g practice papers?

No, simply because you can get them for free.
Reply 25
Get Revising,GCSE bitesize ,S-Cool and Revision World are all good sites+free.So I wouldn t bother wasting money on them.
(I m an A Level student)
(edited 13 years ago)
No, when you have TSR :biggrin:
No.
Reply 28
Original post by Maths Freak!!!
No, when you have TSR :biggrin:

I like that!
Reply 29
No because GCSE's are so easy I could do them with my eyes closed.
Reply 30
No, I wouldn't. I can get resources for most subjects online for free and there's CGP as well which is a god send. Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 31
LOL! would you pay for practice papers on the net?

Nope, yet again the Internet succeeds again! Sites offer them for free so why pay? Anyway, my school 'sells' cgp examplar papers or even some textbooks but they end up 'free' ( I actually buy these but my peers somehow get it for free). :biggrin:

Oh, may I ask, are you working for the Government or something?:gunfire: :O

:idea: Or is this a random survey for school or something? :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)

Would you pay for online revision materials for GCSEs in 2011?
I'm doing a survey thing to find how many GCSE students would pay now for revision materials online in 2011?

If you are going to do your GCSEs this summer would you pay for revision materials online?
- If yes what would you pay for?
- What would be of use to you?
- Which subjects would you pay for?
- How much would you be prepared to pay?

If you are a GCSE student preparing for exams please reply!!!

Were you looking for anything in particular? :biggrin:
Reply 33
I just don't like looking at a computer screen for too long, doesn't really get me in to a study "mode"

I big text book and a pen in my hand usually does the trick
No I would not. It's very difficult to revise off a computer/laptop screen, it's bad for your eyes to stare for too long, gives you a headache, and the distractions around you are very very difficult to ignore.

For me, a biro, notebook, textbook and every past paper ever made is perfectly adequate.
Original post by rofflewaffle

Original post by rofflewaffle
No I would not. It's very difficult to revise off a computer/laptop screen, it's bad for your eyes to stare for too long, gives you a headache, and the distractions around you are very very difficult to ignore.

For me, a biro, notebook, textbook and every past paper ever made is perfectly adequate.

Well said :biggrin:
Reply 36
It depends. I find MathsWatch to be extremely useful. But other than that, you might as well gain information through textbooks which you can get for free.
No I wouldn't, I'm sure you can find past-papers online for free instead of paying. Other materials really needed is a text-book, revision guide (from your exam board) and a CGP book probably.
Would you pay for online revision materials for GCSEs in 2011?
I'm doing a survey thing to find how many GCSE students would pay now for revision materials online in 2011?

If you are going to do your GCSEs this summer would you pay for revision materials online?
- If yes what would you pay for?
- What would be of use to you?
- Which subjects would you pay for?
- How much would you be prepared to pay?

If you are a GCSE student preparing for exams please reply!!!

No. Really it's not going to get much better then a textbook, maybe a few games or activities or some past papers and advice but you can get the past papers from the board's official site and advice from your teachers and the textbook. Personally I'm more into reading it, less hassle.
Original post by Nayred
It depends. I find MathsWatch to be extremely useful. But other than that, you might as well gain information through textbooks which you can get for free.

Everyone who's got mathswatch has nothing but good tales to say about it, is it really that good, how are they good exactly, I've always wondered.

Quick Reply

Latest