The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, but then I'm a Communist. :wink:
Reply 2
Yes.

But i'm just a dirty anarchist, so you shouldn't take any notice of me...
Capitalism is based on the fact that resources are limited. If we ever come to a technological stage where we have all the food we need, all the water we need etc we may find a viable alternative. In the meantime, capitalism is the best solution.
Reply 4
Gnostic
Communism is not an alternative to capitalism; its a bastardisation of capitalism.
What you describe is not communism, although it is a fair description of what attempts at communism have resulted in, ie state capitalism.
Reply 5
Heh, I was only joking about being a communist. :wink: I have to agree that capitalism is far from perfect, but it's better than the alternatives.
Gnostic

Communism is not an alternative to capitalism; its a bastardisation of capitalism.

This is incorrect. Communists see capitalism as a progressive force in society but one that must be overturned for the good of thepopulation as a whole. There is a pronounced difference between communism a capitalism in that under communism the wealth is centrally controlled whereas under capitalism the power is held by individuals thus communism is not meerly a bastardisation but a growth upon capitalism. if we were to talk dialectically - under feudalism the most significant hegelian dialectic was that between the aristocracy and the bourgeoisie yet under capitalism the dialectic is that of the struggle of the prolatariat against that of the bourgeoisie. This to an extent explains the problem of sovietism in that there was not enough of a significant capitalist system for communism to revolt against. Often the peasants are treated as a petty-bourgeois class but in fact they are a left-over feudal class. Although they had an interest in defeating the czarist regime it was not an explicitly marxist interest.

Musicboy
Reply 7

Does anyone think the capitalist philisophy of make lots of money, be very sucsessful is not for them, and they'd rather do something completly different with their life?

I'm a Capitalist all the way haha

Latest

Trending

Trending