Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hahaha Are you a Pakistani?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    I would treat everyone as an individual.
    As do I.

ReputationRep:
    It would definitely depend on how religious they were. I'm not claiming to be an expert in Islam, but I've done a bit of reading and I definitely don't believe/agree with a lot of it. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who had fundamentally different beliefs to myself, whether that be because they are a Muslim/Christian/athiest/whatever.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    i said no in the poll simply because im not attracted to asian guys. it just depends what your type is. i definately cudnt go out with a muslim tho as i am against all religion so i wudnt go out with anyone who was strongly into any religion.i wud just argue with them the whole time!

ReputationRep:
    of course i would
    if i like her and she's a nice person, thats all that matters

ReputationRep:
    If they were someone i was attracted to then yes of course, couldn't care less what religion they are or where they're from!

ReputationRep:
    Yes and I have. He wasn't very religious though, to be honest I wouldn't go out with anyone who was really religious whether they were muslim or christian or any other religion wouldn't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    asian guys are hot.. i fell in love with the asian big issue man.. :love: that didnt work out

ReputationRep:
    No way.

ReputationRep:
    If he was attractive and I got on well with him then I would. Theres good and bad people of all races/religions and if you discriminate on these bases you could miss out on meeting someone really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    just wanted to know what you people think about it.
    you're assuming that muslim = asian?

would you go out with an asian?
    and
    would you go out with a muslim?

are two different questions...

ReputationRep:
    not if they were relgious or muslim no way

I dont really fancy asian girls though to be honest/

but a personal taste thing

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go out with a muslim. because i date with the intention of meeting someone i'd want to get married to. since i won't marry one, why date one?

I don't know about asians, i only find a few attractive.

ReputationRep:
    yes, asian and muslim are two entirely separate things!

I am going out with an asian guy at the moment, but he's Taiwanese!
    And if I wasn't going out with Tel, I woudn't rule out going out with a Muslim, although whether he's wnat to go out with me, an atheist, is another question!
    If I liked him enough, then sure, race/religion aren't issues for me when it comes to fancying people!

ReputationRep:
    it wouldbe quite weird if I went out with a muslim...

ReputationRep:
    I would be quite happy to go out with a Muslim man. It would depend just how orthodox he or his family was, though, as I wouldn't want a relationship shadowed by disapproval. My mother would have no objection to me dating a Muslim guy, and I would ignore any other objections. Of course, if the relationship was serious then there would be the consideration that marriage would lead to me converting to Islam and our children being raised as Islam - I would very much like to retain my Catholicism so perhaps this would become an issue.

An Asian man who had no religious beliefs or liberal beliefs, however, sure I'd date.

ReputationRep:
    can you seperate muslim from asian because you dont have to be asian and muslim... and yes id go out with a asian providing she's indian but not a muslim...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masta Killa)
    can you seperate muslim from asian because you dont have to be asian and muslim... and yes id go out with a asian providing she's indian but not a muslim...
    Your avator offends me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indu.Mitra)
    Obviously I'd find out if he was muslim or not first! Theres no point me dating a muslim because no one in my family would approve.. and it wouldn't go anywhere.
    I wouldn't say I had issues with muslims or anything... its mostly asian guys in general.. I find them annoying.. most of them.. but there are a few guys that are decent.. but just because they are decent and indian.. it doesnt qualify them to be a good boyfriend. I'm very picky.. and muslim is a complete no-no. No offence to anyone.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes!

The sad thing (sad for me anyway) is that most would either not go out with me or wouldn't be allowed to.

As for the relgious aspect, I'm not sure I'd convert to Islam just to be able to go with a girl, although you never know...but still it would appear as being fake.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.