Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So then, The Strokes are back with a new single called Juicebox and a new album to follow next year, as well as tours and whatnot.

Theres also a few other (i think theres 6 in total) leaked tracks from the new album around on the net. For those who've heard them or just juicebox, what do you think?
    Better than their older stuff or a pile of crap?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...just heard juicebox. First impression: LOVE the opening riff. Julian's voice is still sexy as ever (despite nearby French person's comment "Il chant pas...il crie" but he likes the guitar) I like it sounds sort-of like BRMC or the Datsuns. It really reminds me of something else as well but I can't think what. He's starting to sound a bit less like Lou Reed. It's good that they've developed.

Will wait for the album with bated breath, but feel that "Is This It" is the benchmark they have to beat.

--------------

A bit like The Vines, actually.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Juicebox sucked when I first heard it. I still do.

I'd go and see them if they did a UK tour...

ReputationRep:
    juicebox - love it

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the Strokes-worship. They are just not that good.

Their songs always remind me of that comment in Father Ted about the My Lovely Horse song:

"I mean for God's sake it's just the same note over and over again!"

ReputationRep:
    haha i can see what you mean...i'd forgotten about the strokes until i stumbled across someones myspace page playing new york city cops...which is actually a good song

ReputationRep:
    I love the Strokes. New York City cops is one of their best songs. However, I accept that their music is often not to everyone's tastes (although in my opinion you're missing something if it isn't!)

ReputationRep:
    If I am missing something, I'm fairly certain I will be able to struggle on without it

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i love the new tracks, all of them are ace imo.

Kinda starting to obsess over them again, listening to them all the time.

ReputationRep:
    It wont be as good as Is This It. What I've heard of the new stuff, I like ... except 15 Minutes of Pain.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if they can ever beat Is This It. To me, as an album, it is near perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Objet trouvé)
    I don't know if they can ever beat Is This It. To me, as an album, it is near perfect.
    Oh, same here

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like too much of the old strokes stuff, but I really like the new song Juicebox. I reckon I'll be buying their album at some stage.

ReputationRep:
    I have just seen the video for Juicebox.

I must say, all the gay sex aside, I would quite happily bear Mr.Casablancas' children without a second thought.

The song is good, too.

ReputationRep:
    "Juicey Juice" (for those who've seen the video) is effing brilliant -I love it. The best single they've done I reckon (controversial) and I can't wait for the album and tour. I'm just praying the come to Nottingham (I doubt it, looks like the Londoners are gonna have all the fun again..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    "Juicey Juice" (for those who've seen the video) is effing brilliant -I love it. The best single they've done I reckon (controversial) and I can't wait for the album and tour. I'm just praying the come to Nottingham (I doubt it, looks like the Londoners are gonna have all the fun again..)
    Nothing, I repeat nothing, beats "Last Nite". Except, possibly, the track "New York City Cops", which I don't think was a single. That bit at the beginning of the song where he's messing about. GOD he is so sexy.

Re: the video- what is going on with Nick Valensi's hair. He used to be quite the hottie. Now...argh.

Side note: I have just seen the video for two more years and I now want to marry Bloc Party. All of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Objet trouvé)
    Nothing, I repeat nothing, beats "Last Nite". Except, possibly, the track "New York City Cops", which I don't think was a single. That bit at the beginning of the song where he's messing about. GOD he is so sexy.

Re: the video- what is going on with Nick Valensi's hair. He used to be quite the hottie. Now...argh.

Side note: I have just seen the video for two more years and I now want to marry Bloc Party. All of them.
    I'll let you marry Bloc Party - all of them.Just make sure if you ever bump into Charlotte from The Subways you send her TrentEnd's way!

(100th post )

ReputationRep:
    She's really pretty. I'm glad that more girls are getting into rock music. I now have a playlist on my ipod called "girls rock" and it's getting longer!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone gonna see them in london?

ReputationRep:
    She's really pretty. I'm glad that more girls are getting into rock music. I now have a playlist on my ipod called "girls rock" and it's getting longer!
    Sahara Hotnights and The Donnas are really good all girl rock bands. You have to hear Sahara Hotnights

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.