Turn on thread page Beta

Do you look more like your mum or your dad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Random question, I know, but I was talking about this with a friend today and thought it would make for interesting discussion. Maybe. Perhaps boring? Oh well OK I'm a science graduate here, I don't get out much :rolleyes:

Anyway I look a lot more like my dad

When I was a little girl people would ask my mum if I was adopted... never happened when I was around my dad :cool:

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Random question, I know, but I was talking about this with a friend today and thought it would make for interesting discussion. Maybe. Perhaps boring? Oh well OK I'm a science graduate here, I don't get out much :rolleyes:

Anyway I look a lot more like my dad

When I was a little girl people would ask my mum if I was adopted... never happened when I was around my dad :cool:

DB_x
    everyone says i look like my dad.

ReputationRep:
    overall, my dad probably. some people say i look more like my mum but my gran (dads side) says im the spitting image of my dad and who am i to disagree?

ReputationRep:
    In general people are a mix...

What matters is who is willing to claim you look like them: if you're as ugly as ****, then each parent will say you don't look like them, and that you look like the other parent.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's side of the family, but neither, paticularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    In general people are a mix...

What matters is who is willing to claim you look like them: if you're as ugly as ****, then each parent will say you don't look like them, and that you look like the other parent.
    But I was also asking what you think So what about you, would you say that you share more of your mother's or father's features (or, from that side of the family :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    I look more like my dad. Which made me sad the first time my sister said it cos I thought that meant I looked like a man ;_;

Appearently girls who look like their fathers and boys who resemble their mothers are good looking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlafraid)
    I look more like my dad. Which made me sad the first time my sister said it cos I thought that meant I looked like a man ;_;

Appearently girls who look like their fathers and boys who resemble their mothers are good looking
    who told you that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    who told you that?
    I first heard it from my sister, but it's been told to me a few times by friends and random people whenever it was brought up. I think it's really just a generalization. But I do think that boys who look more like their mother tend to look better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlafraid)
    I first heard it from my sister, but it's been told to me a few times by friends and random people whenever it was brought up. I think it's really just a generalization. But I do think that boys who look more like their mother tend to look better
    dam!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it always makes me laugh when girls say they look like there dad Saying that, i look more like my mum than my dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ninja)
    Haha, it always makes me laugh when girls say they look like there dad Saying that, i look more like my mum than my dad.
    But that's the thing, I just do! Everyone says that, even my mum's relatives To be fair, my dad was scouted by a modelling agent when he was in his early 20s and even appeared in a couple of commercials before he met my super practical, but smart non-model mum. Weird, but true, so there you go :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    But that's the thing, I just do! Everyone says that, even my mum's relatives :rolleyes: To be fair, my dad was scouted by a modelling agent when he was in his early 20s and even appeared in a couple of commercials before he met my mum. Weird, but true, so there you go :rolleyes: :cool:
    No, i meant i imagine big, muscular, hairy women when ever i hear someone say it. You did say you went the gym a lot didn't you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I practically am my Dad. (Aesthetically, as well as personably; if not in any other respect.)

ReputationRep:
    No, i meant i imagine big, muscular, hairy women when ever i hear someone say it. You did say you went the gym a lot didn't you? :p:
    That's right, you're also talking to a former cross country runner and university representative in soccer here, so you'd better watch it! 0_o :p: /Jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I am my Dad.
    You should have watched 'Back to the Future'. Marty turned down his mother!

ReputationRep:
    That's right, you're also talking to a former cross country runner and university representative in soccer here, so you'd better watch it! 0_o :p: /Jokes
    Sorry sir, i mean madam (apparently) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry sir, i mean madam (apparently) :p:
    Well it's a good job you live as far away as you do

ReputationRep:
    Well it's a good job you live as far away as you do
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    You should have watched 'Back to the Future'. Marty turned down his mother!
    Ew @ whole situation! :rolleyes: :eek:

--------------

:afraid:
    Aww I was only joking :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.