The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham Pharmacy Interviews 2011!!!

hello i have a nottingham interview soon?
has anyone had a interview yet?
what is the interview like? how long does the whole day last for? what are the typical questions that they would ask? are there any tests? do they ask academic questions? how long does the whole interview last?
Reply 1
Original post by coffee345
hello i have a nottingham interview soon?
has anyone had a interview yet?
what is the interview like? how long does the whole day last for? what are the typical questions that they would ask? are there any tests? do they ask academic questions? how long does the whole interview last?

Hello again:smile:
Yep I had mine on Wednesday.
We got there for 11 but it didnt start until 12. We were free to leave after we had our interivew and building tour which was about 4.
My interview was about 20 minutes, some peoples were a bit longer. I didn't find mine bad at all, but a lot of people came out saying it was really hard and horrible. Luck of the draw I guess.
My questions were Why Pharmacy, Why Nottingham, What areas of Pharmacy can you go into and a bit about them, what would you say to a patient in a community pharmacy before dispensing an over the counter medication and tell me about a protein.
What do you understand about making a medicine. A bit about myself and my ps.
And that was that really.
Some people got things like draw an amino acid, draw a certain chemical structure and point out the functional groups. What would happen if a certain group on the molecule was moved. Just know your basic organic chemistry and maths and it'll be fine I'm sure.
Reply 2
Original post by furryboo123
Hello again:smile:
Yep I had mine on Wednesday.
We got there for 11 but it didnt start until 12. We were free to leave after we had our interivew and building tour which was about 4.
My interview was about 20 minutes, some peoples were a bit longer. I didn't find mine bad at all, but a lot of people came out saying it was really hard and horrible. Luck of the draw I guess.
My questions were Why Pharmacy, Why Nottingham, What areas of Pharmacy can you go into and a bit about them, what would you say to a patient in a community pharmacy before dispensing an over the counter medication and tell me about a protein.
What do you understand about making a medicine. A bit about myself and my ps.
And that was that really.
Some people got things like draw an amino acid, draw a certain chemical structure and point out the functional groups. What would happen if a certain group on the molecule was moved. Just know your basic organic chemistry and maths and it'll be fine I'm sure.

thanks! have you got your offer yet? how long does i take until they give you a offer after interview? what were your predicted grades and achieved as's? also do you remember the name of your interviewer?
Reply 3
thanks! have you got your offer yet? how long does i take until they give you a offer after interview? what were your predicted grades and achieved as's? also do you remember the name of your interviewer?

Nope not yet, they said they would make decisions within 2 days though so I should hear soon.
My interviewer was a woman, not sure what her name was but she was fairly young. My original interviewer didn't turn up and so some of us got moved into a different group to have an interview:/
Is this your last one?
Reply 4
Nope not yet, they said they would make decisions within 2 days though so I should hear soon.
My interviewer was a woman, not sure what her name was but she was fairly young. My original interviewer didn't turn up and so some of us got moved into a different group to have an interview:/
Is this your last one?

yeah its kind of my last interview. what were your predicted a level grades and achieved as's? did you do a EPQ as well?
Reply 5
yeah its kind of my last interview. what were your predicted a level grades and achieved as's? did you do a EPQ as well?

Kind of?
I got ABBB at AS and am predicted AAA at A2. Nope in didn't do the EPQ, what about you?
And I got a letter today from Nottingham saying I have an offer and they will update track soon!!
Reply 6
Kind of?
I got ABBB at AS and am predicted AAA at A2. Nope in didn't do the EPQ, what about you?
And I got a letter today from Nottingham saying I have an offer and they will update track soon!!

oh okay and well done!!!
Reply 7
oh okay and well done!!!

I got my offer..... AAB:/ I really wanted ABB.
Ah well at least they didn't specify what the A's were in:smile:
Reply 8
oh okay and well done!!!

How did it go??
Reply 9
i got my offer..... Aab:/ i really wanted abb.
Ah well at least they didn't specify what the a's were in:smile:

what did they ask?
Original post by wingsuiter
what did they ask?

What did they ask? Regarding my offer?
Reply 11
Can someone please tell me what questions I could expect on pharmacy interview 2015? (University of Nottingham)
Reply 12
second post says it all ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending