dont u just hate people that think theyre better than u!!! aaaaarrrrhhhh!!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
STICK TO THIS THREAD!!!theres this girl in my year - eventhough she shouldnt be - she thinks that because she was moved up a year shes better than every1, i'll give u a for instance, i asked her why she was so clever and she said all smart arsed "because i was born with it", now its comments like that which make me want to kill her!!!!
give her the fashion eye. look up and down her body like your disgusted twice before she fully enters the room and sit down. and then act like she's a fashion disaster!
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
give her the fashion eye. look up and down her body like your disgusted twice before she fully enters the room and sit down. and then act like she's a fashion disaster!
oh my god!!! she really is shes proper twin set and pearls sort of person!!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
common accents? why im the opposite i think 'posh' oxbridge english is very outdated and tend to look down upon that
there is no "oxbridge" accent. you should really do some research before insulting everyone here.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The only thing I tend to look down in is very common accents, its just one of them things that drives me mad I don't know why.
im from derbyshire, im not posh but im not common, just because u have a common accent doesnt mean ur any less of a person or less intellectual either, its all about where u were brought up, its not something that u choose.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
there is no "oxbridge" accent. you should really do some research before insulting everyone here.
she means rp
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im from derbyshire, im not posh but im not common, just because u have a common accent doesnt mean ur any less of a person or less intellectual either, its all about where u were brought up, its not something that u choose.
Yeah but these people really were quite thick, they went to my college. It wasn't just their accents it was their general behavour.
Amy
Rep:
?
Yeah but these people really were quite thick, they went to my college. It wasn't just their accents it was their general behavour.
that can apply to anywhere around the world, theres always gonna be a thick person somewhere, wheather it be where u r or i am, and thats never gonna change.

u cant stereotype people based on just their accents, its just ridiculous.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
she means rp
but stuill, she is assuming we all go walking around speaking rah rah rah drinking port and pimms and talking like 1950's BBC Announcers.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that can apply to anywhere around the world, theres always gonna be a thick person somewhere, wheather it be where u r or i am, and thats never gonna change.

u cant stereotype people based on just their accents, its just ridiculous.
I wasn't stereo typing I was just saying it annoys me. I went to some of the worst schools in the country, though I don't talk posh I pronounce everything properly. Some of these people I am talking about can barely speak english propelry even though they have lived here all their lives and so have thier family.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rah)
but yet you are going to marry hugh grant, colin firth and will young??

um..
Yeah i know thats the worse thing about it i dont particularly like the accent in nornal everyday life but on screen it is really nice and sweet oh god I probably sound really hypocritical. And of course I am stereotyping saying i dont like recieved pronunciation english and common slang is a nono but i do think everybody pigeon holes or stereotypes consciously or unconsciously its human nature isnt it?
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive got to be more subtle than that and she hasnt really done anything to me to deserve that, ive just got to be really sharp witted and say something that will really piss her off
There's a boy in my year like that, people have the same sort of opinion of him like you do of this girl, he's actually an alrite guy though, you just have to get to know him, he's my friend
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't like that kind of posh accent to much either. I was refereing to the common east manchester accent. Have you ever heared this? "am just goin' shops do you knoh wha' a mean?" 1 hour later "am f*ckin' annoyed the twat in the shop goehs you aint gettin' no credit so a said a will f**cking knock her out the f*ing bimbo".

Sadly I have heared many people actually talk like that.
sounds a bit like some of the people at my school... they're alright tho really, most of the time... I don't really care about accents I just usually try and copy them... hehehe
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads