Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I also have this, and I wasn't worried before - it doen't bother me too much.

Now i'm really scared!! Is it serious, or just it annoys people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamy_girl)
    I also have this, and I wasn't worried before - it doen't bother me too much.

Now i'm really scared!! Is it serious, or just it annoys people?
    I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about. Mine doesnt irritate in any way, but sometimes my cheeks get REALLY red, and the bumps sometimes get sore (I tend to pick them, which is so, so bad!). The thing that bothers me is that I hate wearing clothes that reveal it, and no matter how I try to cover the bumps, they're still obvious. I just get quite self-conscious.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, mine kind of flare up at times. I dont pick at them though, it kust bugs me a little cos i'm really pale, and the red blotches stand out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamy_girl)
    Ok, mine kind of flare up at times. I dont pick at them though, it kust bugs me a little cos i'm really pale, and the red blotches stand out
    I know what you mean. When I was in years 9, 10 and 11, there used to be these girls that would look at me as if i was diseased, it was horrible. Just because they were 'perfect', or so they thought. But now it doesn't bother me that much, but I would feel much happier if there was something to get rid of the redness. I think because I have a boyfriend I don't feel as self-conscious, but before I would always wear clothes that covered it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    For a start, it's unlikely to be urticaria (I don't claim to be a dermatologist, but I do qualify as a dr later this year)

Totally off topic but I remember reading your posts on admissions forum and msg back when you were only 3rd year and now you are nearly a doctor, how time flys.

ReputationRep:
    i think i have something similar. they are not tht obvious unless you are very close up like in the mirror. i think it's just a teenage thing coz i never used to have them. i always just thought they were whiteheads? (closed comedones like sum1 sed)
    Ive been told to exfoliate regularly but it doesn't seem to do anything. however im not tht bothered as i sed its not a big thing unless ur very close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambi)
    Totally off topic but I remember reading your posts on admissions forum and msg back when you were only 3rd year and now you are nearly a doctor, how time flys.
    lol, yeah, time flies doesn't it - got my finals looming so wishing I was still a 3rd year!!!! Applying for jobs at the moment so all is very stressful. Then off to Aus for my electives post finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instantkarma)
    i think i have something similar. they are not tht obvious unless you are very close up like in the mirror. i think it's just a teenage thing coz i never used to have them. i always just thought they were whiteheads? (closed comedones like sum1 sed)
    Ive been told to exfoliate regularly but it doesn't seem to do anything. however im not tht bothered as i sed its not a big thing unless ur very close.
    I'll let ya know what doc says.. personally it's just incredibly annoyed with it.. my skin isn't perfect but i mean thats pretty much the only annoyance..

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone wondered.. a cream with Tretinoin was prescribed (Retin-A)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.