Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now i don't buy into conspiracy theories, but this video is doing the rounds again by email, and i refuse to believe you can watch it and NOT be convinced.
    What do people think?

http://gprime.net/flash.php/911penta...onspiracy#Main

ReputationRep:
    Describe it for me?

Bro, what part of Lanka are you from?

My good friend is from Kandy.

ReputationRep:
    The biggest lie is the conspiracy theory industry itself - feeding impressionable, weak minds with fictitious deceit, detracting people from genuine issues that really matter.

It's like UFOlogy - after all these years, you would have thought someone, somewhere would have come up with a bit more than a few blurry photos. No one can keep a secret, least of all governments (leaks are practically policy) and military intelligence is quite an oxymoron, yet there has never been a credible whistle blower who has ever come forward with any first-hand evidence to back-up these kinds of conspiracy claims - it's all in the hands of anti-government right wingers, religious fundamentalists of various faiths, and the militant left. Highly trustworthy sources, of course.

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread on this before, with a link to a good site which explains everything that the conspiracy theorists claim, quite simply. I'll have a look for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to hear a rebuttal of all those claims tho...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

There you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

There you go.
    OK cool, I'm reassured now.

--------------

Great video though, I love the music!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but i think that email is a joke. Just because it circles an empty space in a picture doesnt mean the plane wasnt there? Look at ground zero, there was rubble everywhere, doesnt mean there were never two towers standing there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally listen to conspirancy thories however this one is very interesting. I think the most interesting fact is that the videos haven't been released. It there is probably nothing untoward about it, is interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    The snopes article is pretty poor actualy at debunking. I have seen better ones around.
    It has alot of mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I don't normally listen to conspirancy thories however this one is very interesting. I think the most interesting fact is that the videos haven't been released. It there is probably nothing untoward about it, is interesting though.
    Why *would* they release the videos?

ReputationRep:
    They have released the video from the pentagon showing the crash, they have also shown videos of the two planes crashing into the two towers so why haven'tthey shown these videos that would show the planes that hit the pentagon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navindu)
    and i refuse to believe you can watch it and NOT be convinced.
    I've watched it, but remain unconvinced. Oh noes!

ReputationRep:
    They have released the video from the pentagon showing the crash, they have also shown videos of the two planes crashing into the two towers so why haven'tthey shown these videos that would show the planes that hit the pentagon?
    Because they didnt get to them in time? They were put on the news instantly, but the pentagon one wasnt. Im sure if they could have, they would have stopped the others going out, but it was too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Because they didnt get to them in time? They were put on the news instantly, but the pentagon one wasnt. Im sure if they could have, they would have stopped the others going out, but it was too late.
    What logial reason is there to surpress the videos?

ReputationRep:
    Now i don't buy into conspiracy theories, but this video is doing the rounds again by email, and i refuse to believe you can watch it and NOT be convinced.
    What do people think?

http://gprime.net/flash.php/911penta...onspiracy#Main
    Find something better to do then.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's the Pentagon, and they wouldn't want to reiterate possible lines of attack to make it even easier for new terrorist plots. Not releasing all of the sight lines of the attack just seems like the more prudent thing to do, as they aren't going to help the public learn anything new, but they could be used for ill purposes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Find something better to do then.
    You remind me of the girl down the street who's rebuttal to everything is 'so's your face'

ReputationRep:
    You remind me of the girl down the street who's rebuttal to everything is 'so's your face'
    For anyone to remind you of Bismarck would require said individual to be brilliant and witty with excellent taste in sports teams. Clearly, this girl would pale in comparison to our Bismarck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Because it's the Pentagon, and they wouldn't want to reiterate possible lines of attack to make it even easier for new terrorist plots. Not releasing all of the sight lines of the attack just seems like the more prudent thing to do, as they aren't going to help the public learn anything new, but they could be used for ill purposes.
    that's such a pants reason. i mean come on...

the rebuttal site is top notch though, explains stuff away pretty well.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.