Why did you want to join?
    How has your life been changed by TSR?

Come on, I'm genuinelt interested.
    Cheers, Daibhidh.

--------------

(Original post by Daibhidh)
    As in title.

How did you find out about TSR?
    It came up on a search for university courses on ask jeeves and I gave it a go and enjoyed it.

I wanted to be a concrete member of the club on UKL(TSR now) and get to know people.

My chances of getting into uni are greatly increased. I have an amazing group of pals online. Any problems or good things I have I can discuss on here.
    The more you put in, the more you get out.

Come on, I'm genuinelt interested.
    Cheers, Daibhidh.
    ---

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about TSR?
    by accident, i'd google searched for summat or other-i forget what it was now, but i found tsr instead.
    just for the sake of it, seemed like an ok site so i thought why not. plus i was really bored at the time
    its taken over me, i find myself on here when im supposed to be working, and i really dont know why. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    found it by google searching - searching is good if you search you will find a ton of similar threads to this one

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about TSR? googled looking for biology help
    Why did you want to join? looked fun
    How has your life been changed by TSR? totally i am now hooked on TSR

ReputationRep:
    I found TSR somehow. I wanted to talk about applying to uni. I met my boyfriend on here :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I joined TSR because I thought it would be a good place to chat about Loughborough University, which I had just received confirmation of a place for (at the time)

I found out about it through Google - typed in a strange question about the halls and it came to a thread in here

Has my life changed? Well, I've certainly become more aware of elitism and "anti-'n00b'ism" - this place seems to suffer from that a heck of a lot more than any other forum I visit. Shame really, otherwise this'd be a really good forum.

ReputationRep:
    How did you disable reputation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    Subscribers-only, I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasp)

Has my life changed? Well, I've certainly become more aware of elitism and "anti-'n00b'ism" - this place seems to suffer from that a heck of a lot more than any other forum I visit. Shame really, otherwise this'd be a really good forum.
    Nah, there's a heck of a lot more forums that have the same sort of attitudes...I'd know, I'm a compulsive forum nerd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    It's sub thing I believe. I just clicked the 'do not allow rep button' and it went black.

ReputationRep:
    i have always been interested in steam engines and thought that it was time to subscribe to Telford Steam Railway.
    however not many of the posts seem to be directly relevant to my interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i have always been interested in steam engines and thought that it was time to subscribe to Telford Steam Railway.
    however not many of the posts seem to be directly relevant to my interest.
    Hehe. NERD.

ReputationRep:
    Searching Google for A2 Maths papers to practice. This site appeared.
    Didn't join for ages, just read through lots of posts. Not sure why I joined. Think I wanted to ask a question.
    How has life changed... hmmm... difficult to put into words, all I know is I'd be incomplete without.

*never did find them papers.

ReputationRep:
    How did I find out about TSR:
    Teacher gave me the link to get homework help

Why did I join TSR?
    ... for homework help.

How has TSR changed my life?
    It's made me realise that some people really are racist, bigoted, insensitive, mindless, unintelligent, prejudiced scum. And that some people are scarily wise and intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out about TSR? A friend was on here and it looked good
    Why did you want to join? to get help with my personal statement and ucas application
    How has your life been changed by TSR? well, my personal statement was good enough, got accepted by all my uni choices. It does distract me waaaaaaay too much when im supposed to be working. but is cool

ReputationRep:
    Googled for some uni applications stuff. Signed up randomly 'cause I was bored. I'm addicted and come on here far too much.

ReputationRep:
    I was googling for some Personal Statement info

ReputationRep:
    My original intention for joining TSR was for uni info, but it has become very addictive! I know way more about the uni's/application stuff now, and I would like to say it has improved my chances of getting into uni...don't know how true this is though....

ReputationRep:
    I was laid up for a couple of months after hurting my knee playing American football. I was bored all day every day and TSR was something to do. I've no idea how I actually found it though.

It's not really changed my life, I just look in out of habit when I'm online.

ReputationRep:
    Googled coursework help, joined because I wanted coursework help (funnily enough), and it hasn't changed my life. There.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.