The Student Room Group

IGCSE Options

well there have been quite a few threads on this topic i guess, though i really need some advice.

Should i take igcse history or geography?

In geography my current national curriculum level is 8B, and in hw and cw i always get A*.

In history my current level is 7A, and in hw and cw i get A*s as well.

I really enjoy both, history maybe more because its interesting. Though i have heard history gcse is hard and all essay writing, which im good at but HATE. Whereas geography is short and simple which i like, but very boring

Both my history and geography teachers say i can easily get an A*. Also, people say if your good at english then take history, well i am, always get A*. As for geography people say that if our good at science than take it, likewise, im good at science as well, always get the highest grade.

I really do work hard for my grades and it is soooooo important to me to get a good mark in gcse. So pls help me decide whether i should take history or geo.

Which do unis like better? Which is appreciated? These are questions constantly bugging me. So i would appreciate it if you could help!

THANXX :biggrin:
Original post by sasmi97
well there have been quite a few threads on this topic i guess, though i really need some advice.

Should i take igcse history or geography?

In geography my current national curriculum level is 8B, and in hw and cw i always get A*.

In history my current level is 7A, and in hw and cw i get A*s as well.

I really enjoy both, history maybe more because its interesting. Though i have heard history gcse is hard and all essay writing, which im good at but HATE. Whereas geography is short and simple which i like, but very boring

Both my history and geography teachers say i can easily get an A*. Also, people say if your good at english then take history, well i am, always get A*. As for geography people say that if our good at science than take it, likewise, im good at science as well, always get the highest grade.

I really do work hard for my grades and it is soooooo important to me to get a good mark in gcse. So pls help me decide whether i should take history or geo.

Which do unis like better? Which is appreciated? These are questions constantly bugging me. So i would appreciate it if you could help!

THANXX :biggrin:

CIE IGCSE Geography is really good. I really enjoyed it. Got A* in the end. It's not incredibly hard but there is a lot to remember. I found it interesting because you don't learn about Uk geography at all really, it's all international. I also got the chance to do the Computer based alternative to coursework exam - was probably the most fun exam I've ever done. (Your school will probably do coursework though - I lived in Saudi so we couldn't do it). By the way - geography ain't short and simple. For CIE I know that there is at least two papers. One paper is shorter answers however the second paper you get to choose from questions and they are quite a bit longer.

History I don't know about cause I didn't take it but all my friends that did it said it was very interesting but a bit of a challenge. Luckily they had an amazing teacher so the whole class got A*'s!

What do you want to do at uni?
Reply 2
WOWWW!! U GOT AN A*!!!! COOOLLL

hey i live in saudi currently too, does that mean i wont do the coursework?

i really want to be a doctor....... so medicine at uni i guess.....

i think i just might take igcse geo though...... very nice advice!!! LOL

THANXXX hope to hear from u soon:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest