What if you don't suit skinny jeans? Watch

Bottekrank
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I was reading something in a magazine the other day that said to chuck out all jeans that aren't drainpipes (aka skinny jeans). But if you're not stick thin, skinny jeans won't suit you, so i'm in a bit of a dilemma - should i get some even though i'm not stick thin? I'm not fat, I'm quite slim, but i still don't think they'll look very good unless you're thin.
.Laura. <3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stick to what you feel comfortable in!! Bootlegs are far more flattering, and even though I have a slim figure too I think i look much better in something with a bit of flare! Do you actually like the style?
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Um.. Don't wear them. There, that was easy.
KerriT
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm a size 6 and would never wear them! Why would you voluntarily make your thighs and bum look bigger? It doesn't make sense! They still have plenty of normal jeans in the shops, just wear those.
Bottekrank
Rep:
?
The style is quite cool i spose, although there aren't that many shoes that go (other than ballet pumps). I'll probably stick to bootlegs...yeh they are more flattering. Might try some skinny jeans on to see how ridiculous they look...
How bout you?
.Laura. <3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't tend to listen to mags - how about when skinnies go out of fashion? Bootleg/straight cuts are classic
TrentEnd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bottekrank)
I was reading something in a magazine the other day that said to chuck out all jeans that aren't drainpipes (aka skinny jeans). But if you're not stick thin, skinny jeans won't suit you, so i'm in a bit of a dilemma - should i get some even though i'm not stick thin? I'm not fat, I'm quite slim, but i still don't think they'll look very good unless you're thin.
FASHION VICTIM ALERT
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I find that if i wear skinny jeans i can never find good shoes to wear with them...I'm a trainers/flat shoes girl, and they make my feet look bigger! I prefer bootcut jeans.
.Laura. <3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The style is quite cool i spose, although there aren't that many shoes that go (other than ballet pumps). I'll probably stick to bootlegs...yeh they are more flattering. Might try some skinny jeans on to see how ridiculous they look...
How bout you?
Yep, I tried them on cos I actually really liked the idea of them at the time but I ended up looking like a big pear despite being a size 8! I also think you have to be quite short too to carry them off, but maybe that's just me.
Also, with winter on the way bootlegs make more sense cos u can wear some nice warm boots underneath .
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just go with the whole ladylike look and solve the problem of whether to wear skinny jeans! Palazzo trousers are cool.
.Laura. <3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KerriT)
Just go with the whole ladylike look and solve the problem of whether to wear skinny jeans! Palazzo trousers are cool.
Palazzo trousers? What are they like?
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive only got bootlages but ive ordered some skinnyish jeans online just to see what they look like. im petite so i dnt know how theyll look. but i guess its worth a try. i probably wil wear them with high heels though.
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
D you watch X Factor? They were the type of trousers that Kate Thornton was wearing. They are the opposite of skinny leg, they are wide at the bottom but are the same width all up your leg so they are loose and comfortable but do not make you look fat at all, despite the extra fabric.
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you dont have to listen to magazines wear stuff you feel confident in people who feel good look good
.Laura. <3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KerriT)
D you watch X Factor? They were the type of trousers that Kate Thornton was wearing. They are the opposite of skinny leg, they are wide at the bottom but are the same width all up your leg so they are loose and comfortable but do not make you look fat at all, despite the extra fabric.
Oooh rite cool, I actually really liked her outfit on Saturday with the corseted waist, something like that would be great 4 a Christmas party.
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep, her outfit was really nice and her hair and makeup was excellent.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
see here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/m...ixfashion.html
Bottekrank
Rep:
?
No i'm not a fashion victim - if i was i would've thrown out my bootlegs and never worn them again. As it is, I wore a pair of bootlegs today. I was just saying I wanted to see what people thought of wearing skinny jeans even if you're not super skinny :p:
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And what would you do if you read another magazine in say 2 months time saying to chuck out all your skinny jeans and buy some other sort? Would you do that too?

Clothes are generally too expensive to keep throwing them out and starting all again. I just wear the clothes I feel comfortable in and like wearing.....no way do I ''change my wardrobe'' entirely on the say so of some magazine or anyone really....

...wear the clothes you have , try a pair of the skinny jeans if you want, and if you don't like then, don't wear them. It's as simple as that. Whatever you read in a magazine is a matter of opinion and there will be equally as many people who think the complete opposite of what the magazine say.
amie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Telegraph)
consider next spring's hot trend: skinny white jeans
Oh. My. God.

I wouldn't be seen dead in skinny white jeans if Brad Pitt personally paid me £1 million and offered to marry me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads