The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I bought a bargain pair of skinny jeans off Dorothy Perkins.com. They were only £15 on their website and they're a dark grey, which I think looks more flattering than a deep blue colour skinny jean. I have extremely skinny legs and was afraid that they would make my jeans look too skinny, but they do look good, especially with some calf boots.
Reply 41
I used to wear drainpipes years ago, when they were not in fashion. Though I did have to get them from the mens section hehe. Now I have kinda swayed towards the bootleg jeans. I think the skinny jeans looked alright on me, I'm tall and pretty skinny! Though I can imagine that if you had big thighs or really short legs you might think they don't look too great. If that's the case and you don't feel comfortable in them, then just don't wear them? Just because they're "in" at the moment doesn't mean everyone should wear them. I personally don't care what's "in" and what's not. Just wear whatever you want.
Reply 42
Bootlegs are useless when you try to tuck them into your boots. I bought a gorgeous pair of boots yesterday and I wanna wear them with jeans. I haven't gone anywhere near skinny jeans as I'm a size 12/14 and have massive thighs. I have no idea what to do.I don't wanna wear my boots just with skirts:frown:
Reply 43
Went to Topshop and they're £40! Thought that was a bit pricey... :eek:
I own all styles of jeans infact I have 19 pairs (I work in Levis, so i get discount :wink:) I prefer skinny jeans as I can tuck them into my jeans if it's cold and they also look amazing with high heels. I think anyone can wear any jean as long as they have the confidence too! Don't wear something that doesn't make you feel good, it's simple!
Bottekrank
Went to Topshop and they're £40! Thought that was a bit pricey... :eek:

Out of experience, Topshop jeans are that little bit more expensive but last AGES! I wear mine to death. Well worth the extra pennies :smile:
Reply 46
Elondra
Bootlegs are useless when you try to tuck them into your boots. I bought a gorgeous pair of boots yesterday and I wanna wear them with jeans. I haven't gone anywhere near skinny jeans as I'm a size 12/14 and have massive thighs. I have no idea what to do.I don't wanna wear my boots just with skirts:frown:

If you just want skinny jeans to tuck into boots, then buy a cheap pair, from tk maxx or somewhere. i find they tucked into boots, they dont make your thighs look so big.
natalie1239
i find it strange that everyone thinks they look horrible on people who are larger than a size 6/8!!!

I am a size 10/12 more towards the 12, and i think they look really nice one me. I get compliments all the time, many of my friends wear them and are not stick thin either!
I think it really must depend on your confidence and how you can pull of the fashion... :rolleyes:

they have some really flattering ones in topshop and h&m at the moment.

I am definatly not a stick thin person so ruled out all skinny jeans. I did buy some really great jeans in topshop though, they are skinny fit jeans that are flared. I am now in love with them :biggrin: They are actually quite flattering on me because they balance me out. Normally my jeans make me look like I have no bum at all because I need a size 14 for my hips but then they are quite baggy everywhere else. These are fab though :biggrin:
Reply 48
Everything people have been saying about size (not that I want to rock the jeans-boat) hasn't come true for me...

I thought that I could never ever wear skinny jeans as I'm a 12-14 on the bottom and have always had a thigh 'problem'. But today I went into New Look and tried on a pair of light grey skinny jeans, and they looked brilliant! I was so shocked, and bought them straight away.

Why is this - is it actually more to do with shape, height or some other unknown factor??
or how you feel when you put them on?
different cuts and different colours are going to look different as well; mainly though i agree, i think its an unknown factor. A good one though. :smile:
dont listen to the mags

Latest