Aragog or Shelob?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
eeve02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Out of both these giant spiders from Harry potter and Lord of the rings which would win in a fight?
Tnacilppa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eeve02)
Out of both these giant spiders from Harry potter and Lord of the rings which would win in a fight?

Quite clearly Aragog!

He'd get all his other spiders to join in the attack. Shelob is a lonely spider who should get out more!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shelob is infinitely better, simply because she doesn't come from harry potter!
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aragog simply because he's huge and has a scary voice and an army full of lots of little and big spiders. then again spiders are scary anyway so either would win f they fought against me!!! im a little red frog im gonna lose!!! and plus harry potter is a great film and it does deserve to have the winning spider!!
tessie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
depends, if it was a one on one fight shelob would definetly win cos she was a way scarier spider (also with real spiders the females kill the males after mating with them), but if aragog got the rest of the nest to help him he would win.
Ketio
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tessie)
depends, if it was a one on one fight shelob would definetly win cos she was a way scarier spider (also with real spiders the females kill the males after mating with them), but if aragog got the rest of the nest to help him he would win.

Yeah if it was one on one Shelob would win because she's much stronger....aragog is an old fogey
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shelob also had an army of spiders - Rowling seriously copied off Tolkien.
Compare the Night riders to Dementors!
Shelob
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shelob obviously.
It's the law of diminishing returns. As Aragog is a blatant rip-off, he/she/it cannot possibly be as good.
cellochickee
Report 16 years ago
Nay, I will go with Aragog, simply because it has a large possy of spiders. I think that Shelob is worse, though.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would have to go with aragog because Shelob can't see because she got stabbed in the eye.
cellochickee
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
I would have to go with aragog because Shelob can't see because she got stabbed in the eye.
Hah, excellent point.
Koolguy
Report 16 years ago
Excluding the fact that her eye was stabbed, I say, Shelob... Definately.
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kyrotec)
Shelob also had an army of spiders - Rowling seriously copied off Tolkien.
Compare the Night riders to Dementors!
Shelob
The number of glaringly obvious tolkien rip offs in harry potter is the main thing that spoilt the books for me.
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
shelob, because although she did get stabbed in the eye, she has multiple eyes and thus can still see pretty good. also because i hate Rowling's blatant copying of LOTR. Dammit- why couldn't Aragog kill the little squirt?
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
shelob, because although she did get stabbed in the eye, she has multiple eyes and thus can still see pretty good. also because i hate Rowling's blatant copying of LOTR. Dammit- why couldn't Aragog kill the little squirt?
If your publishers were paying you millions per book would you kill him off???
mojosephene
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
If your publishers were paying you millions per book would you kill him off???
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Oh it is a nice day when you are so loved that people quote me just for the sake of quoting me
mojosephene
Report 16 years ago
Oh it is a nice day when you are so loved that people quote me just for the sake of quoting me
mojosephene
Report 16 years ago
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aragog ................#shudder#
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (47)
20.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (52)
22.51%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (44)
19.05%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (47)
20.35%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
9.52%
I haven't started researching yet (19)
8.23%

Watched Threads