Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi is any one else applying for courses higher than their predictions im only predicted BBCc and for one of the unis im applying to i need BBB do you think i stand a chance, I have quite a lot of work expeariance though so i think that goes in my favour, but im only just sending it off next week. BTW im appying for audiology.

ReputationRep:
    If the course is under-subscribed yes. If the course is over-subscribed you would need a cracking PS but its still very managable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twisterman)
    If the course is under-subscribed yes. If the course is over-subscribed you would need a cracking PS but its still very managable
    OK thanks where do i find out if the course is over subscribed or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znicz)
    Hi is any one else applying for courses higher than their predictions im only predicted BBCc and for one of the unis im applying to i need BBB do you think i stand a chance, I have quite a lot of work expeariance though so i think that goes in my favour, but im only just sending it off next week. BTW im appying for audiology.
    Yep I think you've got a good chance. Your subjects are good for audiology I would have thought. Make sure you do a damn good PS and include all your experience. As long as your choices include a couple of safety unis that you would actually like to go to it's worth the shot. Fingers crossed and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how competive the course is and uni.I got a conditional offer from leicester of BBB and am only predicted BCC!
    You are only 1 grade off the requirement anyway,so that one uni would probably offer or consider you a place if your reference and statement are both good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaider)
    Depends on how competive the course is and uni.I got a conditional offer from leicester of BBB and am only predicted BCC!
    You are only 1 grade off the requirement anyway,so that one uni would probably offer or consider you a place if your reference and statement are both good.
    Yeah i hope so. Does any one know if audioogy is a popular course or not.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's very popular (i don't mean any offence hear), i've never heard of anyone doing that course before.
    That works in your favour though, i applied for an unpopular course and have 5 offers and 1 interview now

ReputationRep:
    Your predicted grades are only a grade below those conditions and I don't think audiology is competitive, so if you have a good personal statement and reference, you should be in with a good chance, especially as you take relevant subjects and have relevant work experience.

ReputationRep:
    You won't know if a course is oversubscribed. Some universities publish the applicant success rates for past years on their websites, so if you can find those, it'll give you a rough indication of the competition you're up against.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.