Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I hear in Canada you can do something they call an "Undeclared BA" and it means you enter uni without knowing which course you want to study and you can choose whatever courses you want and decide during your studies what your major will be etc ... Can you do something like that in the UK, too? I had never heard of it before ...

    no, you cant do that in the UK, afaik. Sounds cool though!

    you can on the OU I think I'm sure my friend did a general degree before she did her maths one.

    Yeh! You're right. I believe quite a lot of people opt for the General Degree and then go on to specialise in something they fancy! Hmmm......
    Works for some people :confused:

    Sounds interesting! Would be useful for those indecisive people
    • Thread Starter

    Exactly! I did think it sounded really cool, too But I never came across anything like it when I researched for uni in the UK, so I wasn't expecting it to be possible here. Too bad :p:

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.