Turn on thread page Beta

Hia
    I havew just come back from a volunteering induction course, which allows me to volunteer throught the bradford volunteering unitanywhere and toanyone/ group

it was only a 2 hour course

Doyou think this is useful and if so should i put it on my personal statment/ ucas?

THank you

ReputationRep:
    Sure, why not! You don't have to mention that it was only a 2 hour course - stuff like this can really swing an application!

Good luck

(Original post by twisterman)
    Sure, why not! You don't have to mention that it was only a 2 hour course - stuff like this can really swing an application!

Good luck
    Thank You

I am also currently a registered volunteer in the Bradford District which i achieved by attendting short courses which will enable me to volunteer with...opens up oppurtunities for me....

along those lines??

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good. I like 'will enable me to' to show that the point of you doing the course was so you could be a better volunteer, not just as something else to put on a list. I should get a place to volunteer with lined up, if you haven't already, so you can mention it.

(Original post by Madprof)
    That sounds good. I like 'will enable me to' to show that the point of you doing the course was so you could be a better volunteer, not just as something else to put on a list. I should get a place to volunteer with lined up, if you haven't already, so you can mention it.
    well as part of the Service section inthe DofE i am voluneering 2 lunchtimes a week helping a year 7 social club!

(Original post by Juno)
    "I am also currently a registered volunteer in the Bradford District. This opens up oppurtunities for me and enables me to volunteer *insert good place here*"

I think would be better.
    thank you!

(Original post by Juno)
    Lots of people try to cram too many words into sentences. Don't be one of those people. There is no advantage to aspyxiating the reader!
    i know you Juno before from talkfreebies.com lol the best site in the world! :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TSR_Princess)
    i know you Juno before from talkfreebies.com lol the best site in the world! :p:
    Yeah, it's so good it doesn't exist no more!

(Original post by Juno)
    Yeah, it's so good it doesn't exist no more!
    i rememeber going on it a few months back in the summer and it was all messed up, havent been onthere since then noo time lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about u'r ps a bit early aren't u?
    well good on u.
    I wish i started as early as u.

ReputationRep:
    how do i jon talkfreebies.com as when i go on the site it asks for a username and password.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.