Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got an invitation to interview at Girton college, but i didnt get any other form asking whether i need accomodation and food etc. I have spoke to people applying to other colleges and they have said they were given this form...
    was anyone applying to Girton given this form?

ReputationRep:
    No, my letter said that they were providing food & accomodation etc. and so did my bf's.

ReputationRep:
    If you've got an admissions test or something the evening before and then interview in the morning then they will *definitely* give you accommodation. I remember when I went last year, they were very stressed because they were literally using the whole college to house potential interviewees (they explained their stressedness thus!). So it's highly likely you'll get accommodation, food and the lot really.

Also I'm quite sure that not every applicant had a test before - and they seemed to house pretty much every interviewee who was there. Ring them up if you're concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    If you've got an admissions test or something the evening before and then interview in the morning then they will *definitely* give you accommodation. I remember when I went last year, they were very stressed because they were literally using the whole college to house potential interviewees (they explained their stressedness thus!). So it's highly likely you'll get accommodation, food and the lot really.

Also I'm quite sure that not every applicant had a test before - and they seemed to house pretty much every interviewee who was there. Ring them up if you're concerned.
    I have a test on a Sunday but it's going to be hell to get up on the Sunday and I won't get there on time even if I leave my house at 9.30am and that's the first train. I asked if they could accomodate me on Saturday night as well but so far no reply...

ReputationRep:
    Did you phone them up? I'd suggest you give them a ring, it would force an immediate response...the admissions office seem quite busy. I passed by the admin area of Girton the other day and couldn't help notice how harried they looked .

ReputationRep:
    oh right thats cool...
    i havent got any test the day before but they still want me to come the evening before because i have an interview first thing in the morning the next day!!

ReputationRep:
    My son has an interview on the morning of the 6th but has to attend the arch & anth aptitude test on the evening before. It's a pain for me because I either have to drive there and back twice (2.5 hours each way), or I have to stay in a hotel overnight. I don't want to stay in college with him, because I want him to have some time with the other candidates and experiencing the college, not lurking around with his old man. I'd put him on a train, but they're pretty crappy from where we like in Warwickshire. It would mean bouncing via London and maybe 3.5 hours each way.

ReputationRep:
    if you dont need accomodation, do you need to send in the accomodation form, where it tells you to fill in your interview times as well?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.