Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello people,

I wondered if polka dots (big ones) were a 1980s fashion trends? Esp. on a skirt. Know any eighties clothes? Don't tell me Michael Jackson's red leather jacket because it's unavailable :rolleyes:

cheers BB

ReputationRep:
    I have his jacket.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think they were, or maybe early nineties, along with pretty much any other kind of garish pattern you can think of! Are you going to a party or something? You could look on some vintage clothes sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockabilly)
    yeah i think they were, or maybe early nineties, along with pretty much any other kind of garish pattern you can think of! Are you going to a party or something? You could look on some vintage clothes sites.
    yea i am. tried the net but it's bein uncooperative

I'm just gonna wear polka dots (can't b bothered) and dye my hair bubblegum pink. Does a pink top go wid black n white dots?

BB

--------------

(Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I have his jacket.
    REALLY?!?! That's cool....

I might buy one in the future, but then again they don't leather in this country...

ReputationRep:
    yes, polka dots were MASSIVE, my mum had this great ruffly bubbly rah rah taffeta dress with massive dots on it, it was so cool. Don't forget lace gloves, perms, crucifxes and ripped jeans. In fact, just watch Romy and Michelle's high school reunion when they dress up as madonna. Shoulder pads. Leggings!

ReputationRep:
    polka dots were totally 80s as were leg warmers I had stripey ones yay

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh polkadots- mum used to have orange and green dots it was a horible suit thingy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonkid902000)
    Oooooh polkadots- mum used to have orange and green dots it was a horible suit thingy!
    O God, that's so cool!!
    My mum had a bubblegum pink suit with grass green edges. U had to wear sunglasses to see it properly

ReputationRep:
    Topshop have some 80s style pieces in this season-
    puffball skirts
    leggings
    leg warmers

A cheap option - you could cut up a pair of black fishnet tights and wear them on your arms, messy hair (use loadsa hair spray) and black eyeliner a la Madonna's Like a Virgin phase

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.