Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a 1 hour slot at 2:00 - 3:00 on a Wednesday afternoon. Both options are voluntary, I'd like to do both, but naturally, I can't be in two places at once, despite my holiness.

So er, which one?

ReputationRep:
    Critical thinking is a pile of poo, thankfully I never had to do it, so the debate society.

go to 1 for 30 mins, and the other for 30 mins. sorted.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't critical thinking, since it is eventually for a qualification, be learnt seperately, whereas the Debating society is something that would require attendance, and would not be quotable by a qualification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    couldn't critical thinking, since it is eventually for a qualification, be learnt seperately, whereas the Debating society is something that would require attendance, and would not be quotable by a qualification?
    So you're siding with CT?

ReputationRep:
    I went for CT because it leads to a qualification. I have know idea what it is though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    So you're siding with CT?
    No! try reading it again foolio!
    I'm siding with debating because you could easily teach yourself CT without going to the classes. maybe it would be useful to attend the occasional one, of course, but that way you could do both!

ReputationRep:
    No! try reading it again foolio!
    I'm siding with debating because you could easily teach yourself CT without going to the classes. maybe it would be useful to attend the occasional one, of course, but that way you could do both!
    But how am I meant to teach myself it? I'm supposed to show up to the lessons to take the exam :\

ReputationRep:
    debating is definately more fun, i used to go to one last year and enjoyed it. i've not dont CT so i cant comment on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    But how am I meant to teach myself it? I'm supposed to show up to the lessons to take the exam :\
    well...i was assuming it was tested in a similar manner to most exams - i.e. externally.
    Then - it makes it tricky...you could always try finding another debating society outside of school....

ReputationRep:
    Debating Society- it'll look great on your UCAS form.

ReputationRep:
    well...i was assuming it was tested in a similar manner to most exams - i.e. externally.
    Then - it makes it tricky...you could always try finding another debating society outside of school....
    College!! :mad:

Debate.

ReputationRep:
    apologies...my sixth form was still part of the same school - it all means the same to me any way little boy

ReputationRep:
    CT is not hard, I daresay you could buy a book on it and take the exam. Even if you cannot however, I would probably choose debating anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Debating will look more impressive than a half-ass subject :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say debating every time critical thinking is just soooooo boring

ReputationRep:
    Go to the debating thang, then teach yourself to think critically, failing that just sit the critical thinking papers at the end of the year regardless of what you do

ReputationRep:
    As a former head of debating at my sixth form, and a fine debator if I may say so myself, I say debating

ReputationRep:
    HearTheThunder, do you have any degree courses in mind? Debating will look good for humanities/Arts courses (on your UCAS).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.