Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to print out a picture of me (on glossy paper) as I need a new univesity ID card as mine is sadly lost and I have exams tomorrow.

I will print out a picture of me to save having to pay a fortune for one in the machines. Does anybody know what the size of these are either in mm or pixels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I need to print out a picture of me (on glossy paper) as I need a new univesity ID card as mine is sadly lost and I have exams tomorrow.

I will print out a picture of me to save having to pay a fortune for one in the machines. Does anybody know what the size of these are either in mm or pixels?
    4cmx4cm I guess.

ReputationRep:
    The easiest thing would be just to go to a chemist or pharmacy or one of those photo machines where you can get a bunch of passport sized photos.

(Original post by Eternal Idol)
    4cmx4cm I guess.
    2.5cm by 3.5cm
    J

ReputationRep:

Passport Photo (1.5" x 2")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The easiest thing would be just to go to a chemist or pharmacy or one of those photo machines where you can get a bunch of passport sized photos.
    didn't you read that he doesn't want to do that as it costs too much?

the standard US size is 2" by 2" with the height of the head taking up 1" to 1.375".

In the UK they are 45mm by 35 mm (1.77" by 1.38")

ReputationRep:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/stores/digi...tr=405&CK=true

ReputationRep:
    i got my info from the british embassy. which is more reliable than john lewis as giving "the true british standard"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i got my info from the british embassy. which is more reliable than john lewis as giving "the true british standard"
    OOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    OOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.
    im only trying to be helpful. if amaz gets sued for using the wrong passport size, he can blame it on john lewis.

ReputationRep:
    I've just printed them out now too, they look just like the real thing printed on my £120 photoprinter and glossy paper. I had to spend about 15 minutes in photoshop editing out the background though. I also smartened my hair while I was it at too

Do you think it looks real?

ReputationRep:
    I've just printed them out now too, they look just like the real thing printed on my £120 photoprinter and glossy paper. I had to spend about 15 minutes in photoshop editing out the background though. I also smartened my hair while I was it at too

If that was me, I would add some stibbles, and colour the hair in. lol. The picture doesn't look symmetrical, apart from that its OK.

ReputationRep:

Sorry but no, is all deformed. It doesn't seem too real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Sorry but no, is all deformed. It doesn't seem too real.
    Bit like your personality, then.

ReputationRep:
    But do you think it will pass a genuine photo? I will take some money with me just case they refuse them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Bit like your personality, then.
    You don't have a clue of who I am ...
    Do you think that you can know somebody by reading a couple of posts in a forum?

Moron.

ReputationRep:
    But do you think it will pass a genuine photo? I will take some money with me just case they refuse them.
    Maybe fixing the hair.
    I'm just giving advice so, Bhal or anyone else shut up.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It worked?
    Have you improved the picture?

ReputationRep:
    In the end it turned out they take the picture while you are there so it was all a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    In the end it turned out they take the picture while you are there so it was all a waste of time.
    OKIE

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.