What size is a standard passport photo?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I need to print out a picture of me (on glossy paper) as I need a new univesity ID card as mine is sadly lost and I have exams tomorrow.

I will print out a picture of me to save having to pay a fortune for one in the machines. Does anybody know what the size of these are either in mm or pixels?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I need to print out a picture of me (on glossy paper) as I need a new univesity ID card as mine is sadly lost and I have exams tomorrow.

I will print out a picture of me to save having to pay a fortune for one in the machines. Does anybody know what the size of these are either in mm or pixels?
4cmx4cm I guess.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The easiest thing would be just to go to a chemist or pharmacy or one of those photo machines where you can get a bunch of passport sized photos.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
4cmx4cm I guess.
2.5cm by 3.5cm
J
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Passport Photo (1.5" x 2")
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The easiest thing would be just to go to a chemist or pharmacy or one of those photo machines where you can get a bunch of passport sized photos.
didn't you read that he doesn't want to do that as it costs too much?

the standard US size is 2" by 2" with the height of the head taking up 1" to 1.375".

In the UK they are 45mm by 35 mm (1.77" by 1.38")
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.johnlewis.com/stores/digi...tr=405&CK=true
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got my info from the british embassy. which is more reliable than john lewis as giving "the true british standard"
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i got my info from the british embassy. which is more reliable than john lewis as giving "the true british standard"
OOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
OOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.
im only trying to be helpful. if amaz gets sued for using the wrong passport size, he can blame it on john lewis.
AT82
Rep:
?
I've just printed them out now too, they look just like the real thing printed on my £120 photoprinter and glossy paper. I had to spend about 15 minutes in photoshop editing out the background though. I also smartened my hair while I was it at too

Do you think it looks real?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've just printed them out now too, they look just like the real thing printed on my £120 photoprinter and glossy paper. I had to spend about 15 minutes in photoshop editing out the background though. I also smartened my hair while I was it at too

If that was me, I would add some stibbles, and colour the hair in. lol. The picture doesn't look symmetrical, apart from that its OK.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Sorry but no, is all deformed. It doesn't seem too real.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Sorry but no, is all deformed. It doesn't seem too real.
Bit like your personality, then.
AT82
Rep:
?
But do you think it will pass a genuine photo? I will take some money with me just case they refuse them.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Bit like your personality, then.
You don't have a clue of who I am ...
Do you think that you can know somebody by reading a couple of posts in a forum?

Moron.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But do you think it will pass a genuine photo? I will take some money with me just case they refuse them.
Maybe fixing the hair.
I'm just giving advice so, Bhal or anyone else shut up.
Attached files
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It worked?
Have you improved the picture?
AT82
Rep:
?
In the end it turned out they take the picture while you are there so it was all a waste of time.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In the end it turned out they take the picture while you are there so it was all a waste of time.
OKIE
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (44)
21.15%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
23.08%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (36)
17.31%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
20.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (21)
10.1%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads