Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey there
    does anyone have any idea what girton ball is normally like, entertaining ideas of going but thought i would ask you good people for some advice. How about Dowing ball as well?

ReputationRep:
    We're going to Girton Ball, though that's mainly because it's Peter's college. Apparently it's good fun, though not amazing. They don't get much sponsorship so can't afford as much but the atmosphere is good.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, am definitely going to Girton Ball. Probably non-dining tickets though, I'm not paying £20 extra for what just looks to me like formal hall fare. But then I might just have the urge to go and splash out really.

Anyone got any ideas about the Churchill Karisma one? That one any good, or would Girton's ball own it?

ReputationRep:
    Sponsorship has little to do with the quality of the Ball. Have a look at some reviews of Girton Ball 2004 in the papers and from people that went - you'll see that people enjoyed it a lot.

ReputationRep:
    www.girtonball.com

Razorlight, Snow Patrol, Punjabi Hit Squad on previous balls? Sounds like a good ents lineup to me.

ReputationRep:
    Reema! You said you sold your girton ball ticket cos you wanted to come to Trinners? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't sell it...I just didn't buy it.
    I'm afraid Trinners>Girton on this one....

But people - do go to the Girton one !

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.