Turn on thread page Beta

Drink driving/reckless driving? R.I.P natalie. watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you drink drive? if you did and you killed another what would you do?
    how would you cope?

This thred is dedicated to one of my dearest friends, died aged 14 yrs on saterday 12th november 2005. She died 'cruzin' with friends that had had a drink lost control of his car and killed her, broke anothers hip, punchred anothers lung. He got away scott free, not a scratch.

Natalie, we love you hunny always and forever. all our love and kisses.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'd not drinkdrive ever. I would commit suicide if I killed someone due to my neglect and stupidity.

RIP to all those who have died, many close friends of mine have died from drink driving and speeding. I miss them.

(Original post by Daibhidh)
    I would commit suicide if I killed someone due to my neglect and stupidity.
    [sarcasm]

Sure, that'd help.

[/sarcasm]

ReputationRep:
    dont be horrid about what people have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    [sarcasm]

Sure, that'd help.

[/sarcasm]
    actually agree with you on that one for once.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    Would you drink drive? if you did and you killed another what would you do?
    how would you cope?

This thred is dedicated to one of my dearest friends, died aged 14 yrs on saterday 12th november 2005. She died 'cruzin' with friends that had had a drink lost control of his car and killed her, broke anothers hip, punchred anothers lung. He got away scott free, not a scratch.

Natalie, we love you hunny always and forever. all our love and kisses.
    I don't deny that was a terrible thing to happen, and made worse by the state the other driver was in. But I think when you say 'He got away scot free' with drink-driving, at the same time you have to imagine the pain it must cause him now to know that he killed someone with his own stupidity.
    It was a shocking thing to happen, but I don't think he 'got away' with it per se.

ReputationRep:
    fine, know what you mean, but i meant in the sence that he never got hurt or killed. if he was the only one suffering at the loss of natalie then i could maybee understand it as a punishmet, but hes not.

Its a scary thought that it could happen to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear about your friends death. She died too young.

My mates don't drink drive but they do like to go 'cruzin' whenever they drive i.e. driving at about 90 mph with music blaring, engine revving and tyres screeching.

I always tell them to slow down whenever I'm in the car wth them but they think it's fun to drive in a reckless manner.

I'm going to show this thread in order to pursuade them to drive carefully.

ReputationRep:
    None of my close friends drink drive, but a few months ago a boy I used to go to school with died in a car crash. He had just passed his driving test and had friends in the car, and they were on their way to a rave. I don't know if he had been drinking or was on drugs, but I know for sure that he wasn't driving safely. He went straight into a tree and it smashed through the windscreen into his neck. People need to read stories like these to understand that it can and does happen.

ReputationRep:
    I would never drink and drive but it really makes me angry when people do. Its such an irresponsible thing to do, it will normally be someone else that ends up getting injured/killed instead of themselves.

In my experience though (and this is my personal experience only so please dont start critisicing me because of it!) people who drink drive tend to be older. None of my friends who are my age would drink and drive, although Im sure there are lots of young people that do. But where I live, the majority of people who are caught drink driving are older. Every person I know who has been caught drink driving are over the age of 35.

ReputationRep:
    3 guys from my village died recently from the driver having had too much to drink. Its a really stupid and selfish thing to do, and it affects more people than they think.

I know I wouldn#t ever do that, but I hate to think what I would feel like if I kiled someone due to any kind of bad driving on my part.

I'm really sorry about your friend xx

ReputationRep:
    I know of loads of people that have driven whilst drunk; unfortunately it happens all the time.

people drink drivin are more of a danger than speeding. but whats gonna happen? nothin. more money involved in speeding. people caught drink drivin should be instantly banned for at least 3 years. there is no excuse for it. but since all out police seem to be gettin replaced with Mr. Gatso, there is less chance of drink drivers bein caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikk)
    I know of loads of people that have driven whilst drunk; unfortunately it happens all the time.
    Unfortunately, this is true.

ReputationRep:
    I would never drink and drive. I have the self disapline to be able to leave the car at home if I'm going out drinking. If I drive to the pub, I don't drink. Simple as, really.

I can't imagine how I'd cope if I killed someone through negligant or stupid driving. I know for a fact that when a cyclist ended up coliding with me I felt absolutely terrible and considered giving up driving for a while. Thankfully he was ok, but it would take some serious convincing to get me back behind the wheel if I killed someone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Driving on anything is stupid, let alone alcohol. It's just not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lime3k)
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Driving on anything is stupid, let alone alcohol. It's just not worth it.
    :dito: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    I know for a fact that when a cyclist ended up coliding with me I felt absolutely terrible and considered giving up driving for a while.
    I nearly had one tonight. Silly tit in the middle of the junction after he went through a red light - would've served him right if he went under my wheels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    I nearly had one tonight. Silly tit in the middle of the junction after he went through a red light - would've served him right if he went under my wheels.
    Mmm, cyclists for some reason feel that they're exempt to the 'stop at a red light' rule and then have the cheek to look upset when a car nearly hits them!

I almost got run over by a cyclist once, when I was crossing the road, at the traffic lights, when the green man was up - the eeijet came straight through without a thought as to who would be crossing. If my reactions weren't so quick, he would've driven straight into me! damn cheek lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 21, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.