Turn on thread page Beta

Drink driving/reckless driving? R.I.P natalie. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Mmm, cyclists for some reason feel that they're exempt to the 'stop at a red light' rule and then have the cheek to look upset when a car nearly hits them!

I almost got run over by a cyclist once, when I was crossing the road, at the traffic lights, when the green man was up - the eeijet came straight through without a thought as to who would be crossing. If my reactions weren't so quick, he would've driven straight into me! damn cheek lol.
    You get a lot of that here in Cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    Most of them are selfish ***** (like most of the people on the roads these days then) - if I had a pound for every story I've heard of a pedestrian being run over or nearly being run over by a cyclist (on the road, and even worse on the pavement) then I'd be an even richer man.

The Police had the right idea a few months ago when they were pulling over cyclists in the City who were riding dangerously (red light/pavement offences) and giving them tickets/education classes.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your friend. If it was only the drivers life that was in danger i personally wouldnt be bothered. But they need to realize that they endanger the people in their car and other people in the road.

Cyclists are a pain in the arse too quite often. However whenever I go out on my racing bike I end up getting almost run over at least once. People seem to not watch carefully and underestimate the speed of bikes

ReputationRep:
    Bikes belong on muddy downhill tracks buried deep in forests

I must admit that if I am biking somewhere, which isnt that often now, I do tend to ride on the footpath, obviously I wouldnt through a busy town centre etc but if its fairly quiet I would rather ride on the footpath and not get knocked off, than ride on the road and end up in hospital after having annoyed everyone that has had to swerve round me to overtake. Cyclists do make the roads more dangerous.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 21, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.