Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im a coffee addict

Coffee>Red Bull

ReputationRep:
    someone told me the only reason its bad is because it makes you dehydrated. so don't cut down on your water intake on account of red bull.
    i'm sure there are other bad effects, though.

ReputationRep:
    somebody I know had one before all their GCSE exams, came out with 11A*s, but maybe thats just a coincidence.
    Anyway, it is definetly not healthy, and can be dangerous if mixed with vodka, as vodka slows the heart rate, but red bull speeds it up, causing some strain on the heart AFAIK

ReputationRep:
    red bull is nasty and tastes foul.... and yes it is bad for you

however, interesting alternative drinks packed full of caffeine:

mountain dew (import it from americansoda, it has 55mg caffeine per can and is the best drink ever)
    tesco kick cranberry (drinkable)
    sprite 3g (still rare at the moment, but basically the same principle as red bull but tastes of sprite, so is drinkable)

i don't actually ever get caffeine or sugar highs, i think i must be immune to it..

ReputationRep:
    i once drank 4 redbull cans in less than 10 minutes...i pretty much puked as a result tho

ReputationRep:
    Lots of places won't sell it to under 16s now

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I repeat anything here, the whole thread is a bit much to read.

I often drink red bull but I am in no way fooled by the whole "gives you wings" thing. All the people who have said that it helps with sport are wrong! For starters it is fizzy - big nono in sport. Also all it does is give you a quick boost of 'fake' energy (making you think you have extra energy for a short time), which wears off pretty quick leaving you a lot more fatigued than you were in the first place. The only thing it is good for is keeping you awake. Oh, and it tastes great in vodka :-p

But hey, it is extremely bad for you so keep it to a minimum (the rediculous price tag should help with that!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_flo)
    i drank it with vodka for the first time last friday - i drank 2 cans and was buzzing til 5.30am lol. great nite tho...
    brilliant stuff that double vodka and red bull
    keeps you going allll night long

ReputationRep:
    in austria its cheaper to drink than bottled water
    imagine a coach full of 14 year olds high on about 10 cans each of the stuff

the teachers had so much fun

ReputationRep:
    hey guess what i tested it on my 7 year old sis :eek: and again guess what she loooooooved it
    She started to dance and sing and then she started cracking lame jokes and laughing at them and then she couldnt stop talking started jumping and is beating me up as i type (Stop it shoo shoo shoo stop it)

www.forex-for-beginners.blogspot.com
    http://free.hostdepartment.com/p/panicaid/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nummer1)
    hey guess what i tested it on my 7 year old sis :eek: and again guess what she loooooooved it
    She started to dance and sing and then she started cracking lame jokes and laughing at them and then she couldnt stop talking started jumping and is beating me up as i type (Stop it shoo shoo shoo stop it)
    i like the caring older sibling role your embracing

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=angel_flo]i drank it with vodka for the first time last friday - i drank 2 cans and was buzzing til 5.30am lol. great nite tho...[/QUOTE

how the hell was you buzzin'? 10 pep pills or ecstacy: thats buzzing.

ReputationRep:
    Fascinating !

ReputationRep:
    How is red bull evil?

I was told once it has cows sperm in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbee)
    in austria its cheaper to drink than bottled water
    imagine a coach full of 14 year olds high on about 10 cans each of the stuff

the teachers had so much fun
    Heh, reminds me of the time we all got cans of some cheaper caffeine-loaded drink (can't remember its name) on a trip to the Netherlands...it took a little longer to kick in for me, but I can remember quite a lot of the boys, on their way back to the coach, running into a little children's playpark and running down the slide and doing all sorts like that...not entirely out of character, I must admit :rolleyes: but the buzz from the drink was definitely a factor in all of them doing it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.