Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to certain areas of the press and a good helping of rumor it appears that Iestyn Harris is on his way back to League as his union club Cardiff (and the Welsh RU) are skint. Leeds think they should have him due to a clause in his contract but Bradford seem favourites to land him.

Anyone else read this, particularly from a Rugby Union perspecitve as the paper that printed it was a League journal: "League Weekly".

ReputationRep:
    According to BBC Sport (can't be bothered to post the link) this is now virtually a done deal with the player heading to Bradford.

Not bad to say that my original post was a few months back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    According to BBC Sport (can't be bothered to post the link) this is now virtually a done deal with the player heading to Bradford.

Not bad to say that my original post was a few months back.
    Bradford are the only team which can get him IMO. Saints have Hooper, Leeds have an abundance of halfback talent and Wigan have Orr and with Stacey Jones coming there is no need for a stand off.

ReputationRep:
    According to this weeks League Express Bradford are denying it.

If this is so (it being someone other than Bradford) I could only see him going to Wigan or Hull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    According to this weeks League Express Bradford are denying it.

If this is so (it being someone other than Bradford) I could only see him going to Wigan or Hull.
    From what I've seen happen over the season, I can't see him come back to Leeds as:

1) Bring back Harris and one of McGuire, Burrow or Mathers will end up leaving
    2) Hetherington argues for a drop in the salary cap when Leeds have a gap of say £300 000 (which could have been earmarked for Harris)
    3) Leeds sign Ali Lau'utiti on a large contract with the spare cash (again perhaps earmarked for Harris)

Leeds have "first refusal" but it remains to be seen if that can't be picked at by Bradford if he goes there. If we could get something out of it, it would be fantastic (£750k + compensation from Bradford? ), but at the moment, I can't see it happening.

As for the denial, I'd take that with a pinch of salt as he denied he was going to union for a good while before he left Leeds.

I'd still have Bradford as out and out favourites to secure his signature.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.