Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just received a letter of the University of Gloucestershire, telling me they were delighted to tell me that I had reached the second stage of the application progress and they would like to see evidence of my writing skills and I would therefor have to send them a review on whatever I like.
    Thing is, I cancelled my application to them on the 26th and had it replaced with Winchester, who have already offered me a place. Winchester appears on my track, Gloucestershire doesn't. However, their letter is dated Nov 15th so could it be that UCAS never cancelled my app to them and I am currently applying to 7 unis? It's weird :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ring UCAS and explain what has happened.Also ring Gloucestershire and explain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne*UK*06)
    I just received a letter of the University of Gloucestershire, telling me they were delighted to tell me that I had reached the second stage of the application progress and they would like to see evidence of my writing skills and I would therefor have to send them a review on whatever I like.
    Thing is, I cancelled my application to them on the 26th and had it replaced with Winchester, who have already offered me a place. Winchester appears on my track, Gloucestershire doesn't. However, their letter is dated Nov 15th so could it be that UCAS never cancelled my app to them and I am currently applying to 7 unis? It's weird :confused:
    Sounds like the letter was due to be sent before you changed course details. I sugest you phone them up and tell them what happened. You'll most likely find that they say you're no longer on their list. Or alternatively, try UCAS, but we all know what their telephone skills are like lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well, but their letter is dated Nov 15th and I cancelled my application with them on the 26th of October lol. I think maybe UCAS just forgot to mention it to Gloucestershire and they think I'm still applying lol I don't wanna call them to tell then I changed my mind about them, that's rude lol

ReputationRep:
    Well, but their letter is dated Nov 15th and I cancelled my application with them on the 26th of October lol. I think maybe UCAS just forgot to mention it to Gloucestershire and they think I'm still applying lol I don't wanna call them to tell then I changed my mind about them, that's rude lol
    Maybe, but id still say its just the software systems not talking to each other properly. Their systems will only send you a letter when a certain amount of people are on the list to recieve one, say 500 people. So when the list of applications reaches that number, theyll send letters (saves money on postage if they send a large number at once)... so you were probably on the lists long before you changed the course details.

You need to ring UCAS if you dont want to phone gloucester. They can tell you what their systems say. If their systems definitely dont have you down for gloucester, just ignore the letter and dont send anything, by not sending them the requested work, if you are STILL on their lists, you'll get taken off.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, okay. I still doubt it, I think I am on their system because it wasn't only the average letter, but it had a little handwritten note from the admissions tutor on it :eek: I feel sorry now lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, okay. I still doubt it, I think I am on their system because it wasn't only the average letter, but it had a little handwritten note from the admissions tutor on it :eek: I feel sorry now lol
    handwritten? Ok i take back what i said... you must stil be on their system then :s Weird. get in touch with UCAS... its their fault, they have to sort ot for you

ReputationRep:
    When it's time to offer you a place and they realise they don't have you on their UCAS system, they'll eventually realise.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I thought :p: Or when I don't send them the review they want lol It's still such a typical UCAS mess-up :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    7 unis???? nice! be glad hehe hehe just kidding maybe u should ring up n stuff...but 7 unis nice...if only we were so lucky

ReputationRep:
    lol exactly the same thing has happened to me! same course, uni, letter/date etc!!

As its changes from the gloucestershire course on track im hoping that its all worked and that ucas were just slow at telling gloucestershire id changed it!!

By personal note do you mean the thing by the signature???

ReputationRep:
    haha, wow, 7 choices...how cool is that?
    but yeah, like everyone else said, call UCAS up..they should sort it out for you, its not your mistake

ReputationRep:
    No, by personal note I meant a handwritten extra piece that said I could email my stuff rather then post it etc ...

Well, as my "real" 6 choices do appear on track, I decided to simply ignore them lol I won't be sending them any proof of writing skills so they will automatically notice I'm no longer interested lol

ReputationRep:
    No, by personal note I meant a handwritten extra piece that said I could email my stuff rather then post it etc ...

Well, as my "real" 6 choices do appear on track, I decided to simply ignore them lol I won't be sending them any proof of writing skills so they will automatically notice I'm no longer interested lol
    heared anything else so far then?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.