suebeelexi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello,

I am an International student from the U.S. I recently applied for post grad work in London and got accepted to two schools (Greenwich University and Kingston University) I am extremely confused since Kingston is higher ranked and supposedly better edu. but Greenwich is just as good and has great campus and life. I really need people's opinions on which one is better and which I should accept. The programs are below.

Greenwich: MA Event Managment
Kingston: MA Marketing

Thank you sooo MUCH!
Yas01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Never listen to rankings, because you don't need to go to a top university or a university with a higher ranking in order to make it in life. There are so many people today who didnt even get passed college yet still made it into their career. Success starts from within, so never think just because one university has a higher ranking than the other im going to make it because at the end of the day a degree is a degree its about how you use your degree. I know people from oxford university with no job on the other hand i know people from hertfordshire university who have got a job and are working their way up into their career.

Personally I would advice you make a list of everything you look for in a university then have a look at Kingston and Greenwich and see which one ticks the most boxes and with great hope you will go far at either one.
StephanieWhite
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by suebeelexi)
Hello,

I am an International student from the U.S. I recently applied for post grad work in London and got accepted to two schools (Greenwich University and Kingston University) I am extremely confused since Kingston is higher ranked and supposedly better edu. but Greenwich is just as good and has great campus and life. I really need people's opinions on which one is better and which I should accept. The programs are below.

Greenwich: MA Event Managment
Kingston: MA Marketing

Thank you sooo MUCH!
Greenwich is lovely, I havn't looked at Kingston but I'm doing events management at Greenwich
BeepImaJeep
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I live next to Greenwich the area is amazing, don't listen to rankings look at course content and see which you prefer. Greenwich will have better thngs to do outside Uni however.
cherry33
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kind of in the same boat as you... I have conditional offers from both Uni, but I am deciding which one to go. I have been to Kingston University for an interview, it seems ok, the area is quite nice, the stuff I met seems really friendly too. Greenwich's open day will be on the 26th, going there to have a look before making my decision ^^
bonbonchip
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by StephanieWhite)
Greenwich is lovely, I havn't looked at Kingston but I'm doing events management at Greenwich
Please tell me your feeling about studying in G ^^ I got an offer n havent decided yet
With me, everything about the uni is ok ecxept its too far away from centre >"<
Thanks so much for your reply
Suhayb08
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Greenwich = good uni. area= perfect! calm quiet, price= average (5/10)

Kington = good uni. area= alright. nice and calm. price= POSH! expensive. (6/10)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads