Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my skin is rubbish at the moment. I keep getting spots and also dry patches, I exfoliate twice a week but still it looks dull and lifeless.
    Anyone got any hints/tips/magical products which will make it nice again?
    Thanks!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I find that when I forget to take my vitamin tablets I get loads of spots.

ReputationRep:
    My skins always really shiny, if I touch my face then look at my hand that goes all shiny too!

ReputationRep:
    my skin's smooth w/ no spots...
    i don't use anything on it...

you could always try oil...
    oh yeh, and bathing with yoghurt should help...
    my mum's indian... just in case you were wondering...

ReputationRep:
    Natural things like that really work very well actually.
    Using olive oil with a bit of salt in it as a face scrub exfoliates amazingly, but wash it off very quickly, or it'll damage your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    my skin's smooth w/ no spots...
    i don't use anything on it...

you could always try oil...
    oh yeh, and bathing with yoghurt should help...
    my mum's indian... just in case you were wondering...
    Why would we be wondering?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My skin is exactly the same at the moment! Just as I thought I was growing out of the whole spot stage, I get loads. Funny thing is, they are just on my chin and no where else. Grrrr..... It's funny really cos my spots seem to flare up more in the winter than the summer & when I have a good cleansing, exfoiliating & moisturising routine.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I'm 21 and thought I would be past the spotty teenage skin stage by now. Mine was really good in the summer too, think its because I was drinking lots of water and eating a good diet. At uni, I hardly drink any water, and don't eat much fruit and veg, don't get enough sleep and probably eat too much rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    To whoever gave me neg rep 4 my signature...get a life...jog on...

You mustn't exfoliate when your skin is spotty!! Trust me on this: spotty skin is sensitive skin, and exfoliation (abrasive exfoliation) irritates it and spreads bacteria. Wash with a gentle cleanser and then a toner (Clinique is pretty good, but everybody's different). The toner on a cotton pad is MORE than enough exfoliation.
    Drink a lot of water, don't wear any makeup if you can possibly avoid it (TRY TRY TRY to avoid it!), and watch your diet.

For the poster who had spots on her chin and nowhere else - all acne on your chin is diet related. Either you eat too much junk or you have a food allergy. Crisps are the most common culprit.

(Original post by dancingqueen)
    Basically, my skin is rubbish at the moment. I keep getting spots and also dry patches, I exfoliate twice a week but still it looks dull and lifeless.
    Anyone got any hints/tips/magical products which will make it nice again?
    Thanks!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.