Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_H_G)
    Cheesy rice :rofl: Never heard of that one before.
    It's an invention of mine

If you get some standard boil-in-the-bag rice, liberal amounts of (grated) cheese whacked in there, then crash down some soy sauce and let the good times roll

If you don't believe me that its good, try it. You won't look back :P

ReputationRep:
    i agree constable/nelson are far better than the new accomodation colman/paston/victory/kett/browne. constable rooms can be up to 1/3 bigger than the ones in colman.
    having said that though r.i.p. waveney, many a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishrose)
    I guess it depends whether I want good accomodation or an oven!! Anyway, thanks for the info.
    haha.. I think I'm gonna try to go for the cheaper rooms with the ovens! I'm a pretty keen cook and I have no idea about microwaves. The food always ends up charred or soggy.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have an unconditional offer, i doubt you'll get into Suffolk terrace - Waveney is getting demolished and Norfolk will be closed at the start of next year for renovation.

Theyre not technically microwaves anyway, theyre conbination ovens. We managed to roast a whole chicken last week in ours *proud*

ReputationRep:
    dammit!

I thought I might defer anyway, do you reckon would I have more of a chance in 2007 (obv I'm not deferring just for accom purposes :p: )

haha! I'm impressed!

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought so, as both Norfolk and Suffolk should be open by then; but you still have the problem of Waveney bieg demolished, so all the foreign students will want the remainder of the cheap accomodation.
    Its not the end of the world if you dont get in them though

ReputationRep:
    True

I just wanna go to UEA, getting the accom I want is just a bonus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMaster)
    Theyre not technically microwaves anyway, theyre conbination ovens. We managed to roast a whole chicken last week in ours *proud*
    Thats damn impressive! We never attempted it for fear of food poisoning but obviously you're alive and well :p: how did you do your roast potatoes though?!

ReputationRep:
    If you boil them in a large pot till theyre just about cooked, cover them in a little cooking oil, then put them in the grill for about 10mins, turning every so often then you sned up with roughly the same thing as using an oven

ReputationRep:
    erm, I havent seen anything about "Colaman campus" in the leaflet I was given plus is the village campus really that bad?...

ReputationRep:
    Youre paying not much less than Nelson/Constable/All the brand new ones; and get the joy of walking a lot further to your lectures. Personally, I dont like the atmosphere over there either.

ReputationRep:
    How many minutes does it take to walk from there to lectures do you think?

ReputationRep:
    10 ish depending on how fast you walk, and what building your lecture is in. Doesnt sound a lot, but if you do it 5 or 6 times a day it'll start to add up.

It also means youre further away form the other on-campus facilities such as the UFO, Cash Machines, LCR, Bar etc.

ReputationRep:
    get some calories burning! But yeah - I can see that its not the most convenient place to stay.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.