Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4446108.stm

guess rules dont matter. admitted provided you work, decide to leave job, then complain when you are up for the plane home.

this sort of thing sends out all the wrong signals and makes the UK seem even more of a soft touch. in this case she appears to be being congratulated for quiting her job, engaging in stupid behaviour on a TV show and then saying she might getting into diffs back in zimbabwe because of it. should have considered that before quitting your job i say. this is precisely the case where deportation should be exercised.

ReputationRep:
    Deport her!
    From Earth, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

:rofl:

...the first picture!!!

ReputationRep:
    i agree, I dont see how she has been allowed to stay...what does she offer the UK? apart from being z z list celeb

and as for being known as a lesbian (or whatever it said) back in Zimbabwe and would be attacked...surely she caused that herself, by shagging Anthony in a hot tub on bigbrother! and playing with women on bigbrother...

surely if shed have kept quiet and stayed being a nurse shed have not been persecuted back home or whatever...

you cant go on national tv and do what she did, then expect everything to be sweet and rosey.

ReputationRep:
    Not a very nice- or clever- girl. The problem remains: is being a damned fool on television a bad enough offence to warrant sending her back to Zimbabwe and possible death and probable persecution? If it isn't, then why shouldn't the sensible Zimbabweans- who suffer just because they live there- be allowed in without question? I hope that the income tax, national insurance, immigration and other authorities watch her very carefully to make sure she behaves herself in future.
    It's also worth thinking about the effects of the vile TV/gutter press celebrity culture on the people who take part or watch it. Presumably when she was training as a nurse she had to have a bit of common sense and gumption. Six months cleaning the wards would do her no harm at all.
    Does lesbian have a different meaning in Zimbabwe? I thought she was supposed to have had it away with a chap.

ReputationRep:
    She kissed some girls as well, apparently. (She's probably not actually a lesbian)

If she cared so much about being persecuted, wouldn't she just have worked as a nurse?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that what she did was really fair, if she came here to work as a nurse she should have worked as a nurse or atleast confirmed with immigration that what she was doing wouldn't get her deported. However if she is genuinly at risk of execution or torture I don't think that she can in good concious be sent home.

ReputationRep:
    heres what Derek (fellow housemate, and former Conservative party speech writer) had to say...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4448790.stm

I agree with his comments, her decision to go on BB was calculated and intentional to stay in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    That is his oppinion and I don't see why it is more valid than that of the tribunal who obviously feel there is just reason for her to remain in the uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    then why shouldn't the sensible Zimbabweans- who suffer just because they live there- be allowed in without question?
    because thats idiotic.

rules are rules. she broke them, she should be on the plane home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    because thats idiotic.

rules are rules. she broke them, she should be on the plane home.
    Even if she could die? You are willing to condem someone to possible death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Last I heard, half of Zimbabweans are close to death. Are you willing to let any who arrive here stay?

ReputationRep:
    does it look like i give a ****? you could go outside right now and possibly die by all manner of causes.

she came here as a nurse and thats fine. stay a nurse. but no, lets get on a game show and then decide i cant be arsed with such a trivial job as nursing afterwards! in that case, heres your ticket love. GTFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Last I heard, half of Zimbabweans are close to death. Are you willing to let any who arrive here stay?
    I don't think that you are going to like my response to that question.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that you are going to like my response to that question.
    What would happen if anyone from a dangerous country was allowed to settle?
    - They would have nothing to do.
    - The welfare state couldn't afford them.
    - Rape, theft, murder and disease would start to approach third-world levels.
    - As their living standards and life expectancies fall, the people who already live here would want them gone.
    It'd never happen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.